5 Reasons Being An Aunt Is The Best Internship In The World

Aunthood is preparing girls everywhere for motherhood; minus the responsibilities.
201

Little children are a gift from God. They bring happiness and joy to all those around. Mothering can be stressful and hard, but very worth it. How does one prepare for such a job? By becoming an aunt! You learn the best from the best without actually being in charge.

Here are 5 reasons why being an aunt is the best internship in the world.

1. You get a tiny human to love

Children bring so much happiness, so obviously when you become an aunt the happiness gets spread to you! You get to watch them grow and build a relationship and become a role model in their life. I didn't think I could love one person so much.

2. You get out of the responsibility

You get to be a part of their life, but not too much. You don't have to worry about actually disciplining them at all. You get to have all fun and no work!

3. They love hanging out with you

Since you aren't the main discipliner you get to be their favorite person. They know that all things fun come with your face and hanging out with you.

4. When you do have to take some responsibility it allows you to have some practice

You obviously aren't the actual parent, so when you have to change a diaper, or babysit, or feed them, or whatever it is you're needed for, it is counted as practice. You get to play the role of mom for a little while and then you can "return to sender" as soon as the moment arises. You will be a professional by the time you have kids!

5. You can know what is coming

As you watch your niece or nephew grow up, you can see everything that comes with growing up. Sure every kid is different, and you have already grown up yourself, but you can see what it is like to parent a growing child. You can never be fully prepared for what is coming but you can know at least a little of what is to come.