ah, the time has come. I'm a senior in college

Ah, The Time Has Come, I'm A Senior In College

It's bittersweet, to say the least.

103
https://www.pexels.com/photo/person-wearing-academic-dress-1184578/
Kaylee Clever

If I had a dime for every time I've been asked this summer, "Are you ready to be a senior in college?" I'd definitely be able to pay off my senior year of college. Being a senior is really emotional. Being a senior is really exciting. Being a senior is really scary. I honestly don't know how I feel about being a senior.

When I was in younger, I always looked at college students as the young adults who have their life together.

I would look and them and think, "Wow, They're educated, they're going to graduate and do everything they've ever wanted to do in life with their degree. They'll make a lot of money off the bat and then probably get married by the time they're twenty-five." Well damn, was I wrong. Being a college graduate does not mean you have your life together. Now, obviously you're doing something right if you've graduated college, but while you are educated, there is definitely a lot more to figure out now than just figuring out what classes to take or what time to go to the bars. There are no more summers off. There is no more back to school shopping. There's no more school. (Unless, of course, you go to Graduate school.) I have one last year (towards my Bachelor's degree) and that sends me through so many emotions.

I am so excited to start my senior year, because I love the beginning of any school year. I love getting into a routine, I love learning, and I love knowing that I'm working towards my degree. At the same time, I am so scared to start my senior year. Because I know after this, I have to be, like, a real adult. I'm looking forward to excelling in my career and getting that paycheck that comes along with it. So many people have said to me, "Enjoy school because when you're done, you have to work the rest of your life." And honestly, I don't mind that. The idea of working in a field that interests me excites me. The idea of working in a field that I've been studying for over the last four years of my life excites me. And most importantly, getting paid to work in my field of interest excites me.

Being a senior is going to be so bittersweet, to say the least.

This is my last year of school before I go out into the real world. But honestly, I think I'm ready for it. I'm excited to walk across the stage as I accept my diploma with my family and friends in the audience cheering me on. The only problem is, I just have to get there first. So let's do this senior year. Let's get that diploma.