Behind The Hidden Door

Behind The Hidden Door

Hidden doors aren’t meant to always be hidden forever

31
Ana Marie Images

Secrets. Everybody has them - Not everyone is able to hide them.

Sometimes we forget that the people we do life with on a daily basis are actually normal people just like us. We have put such high expectations on other human beings that aren't always going to be fulfilled. As a human being, we mess up. We sin. We do things wrong, and sometimes we do things we regret. We are not always reliable. There is typically something behind every door, and it is not always what we expect it to be. It’s the same way with human beings- From the outside looking in, it may look perfectly normal. What is really going on deep down inside that person though? Are they actually struggling with something that we may never really know about? Everybody has a secret. Secrets in their heart that they may never tell anyone about. We shouldn't be so quick to judge someone based on what we see from the outside. From the outside, there may look like there is nothing wrong. We must remember that we are all human, and with that, comes baggage, struggles, and secrets. All things that we need to work on and get healing in.

Behind the hidden door, many things could be there that we wouldn’t expect to be. There are some people out there that you may even be close to that puts on a great smile on their face, hiding all that is within them. That smile could be covering up so many things. What if you really knew what was going on behind their hidden door, would it sabotage your relationship with them, or would you give them the grace that they may need to help them through all that they are enduring? Hidden doors aren’t meant to always be hidden forever. Light needs to shed upon these hidden doors in many people’s lives. A light that will bring freedom, trust, and restoration in every way possible.

On a different note, why do we put such high expectations on people especially the people we love? Wanting someone to be perfect but not real? In the bible Matthew 7:3-5, it says- ““Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” There may be something that you see in someone’s life that may needs to be fixed, solved, or destroyed, but sometimes only they can do that for themselves. If we are so focused on other people and what we see or may not see from the outside, we lose focus on our own life. We can get so caught up on the life of other people, whether it looks like they have an amazingly perfect life, or a life that needs to be worked on. We need to focus on ourselves, and the things we can learn, work on, and grow in. We can support, encourage, pray, call out with love, with the people that are close to us; we cannot take on their life burdens though. Just remember that everyone is human, everyone has things to work on and grow in. Most likely everyone has a hidden door in their life and not one person is perfect. It is a process of healing, restoration, and redemption. A process to becoming full free. Everyone can get there, and everyone has a testimony.