Ever feel like you're taking things too fast/slow in life?

If You're Worried That You're Behind In Life, Stop

Life isn't a race by any means. You can run or walk along the path, as long as you're simply enjoying the journey.

136

Nick Jonas. Justin Bieber. Ariana Grande. Chance The Rapper. What do these celebrities all have in common? (Ok, besides their musical talents, crazy good looks, and million dollar net worths). Yep, you guessed it: engagements. Within the past few months, these four young superstars have offered their hand in marriage in the most unexpected of ways. For example, Ariana & Pete announced their engagement just one month of dating. Likewise, Nick & Priyanka sealed the deal only two months after publicly confirming their relationship.

Baby Boomers & Millennials are torn, once again, on whether to support or disagree with the idea of spontaneous & sudden marriage. For years, parents have been tightening the reigns on their young children in relationships, advising them to "take it slow", and how they "don't want to be tied down at such a young age". But as kids get older, parents seem to pester their children in regards to their dating lives, asking "when are you gonna put a ring on it?" or reminding them the importance of starting a family. So, where do we draw the line? When exactly is the right time to settle down with the one you love and earn the approval of your family members? If you're still not catching on, SK-II does a pretty good job at explaining this feeling known as 'age pressure'.

For many men and women across the world, this video put into words everything that has been racing through their minds. On a universal level, women often feel they lose their "shelf life" after reaching a certain age. They sometimes regret taking time to focus on their education, career, health, or friendships that the subject of romance is often put on the back burner. But the thing is...

That's OK.

And guess what? Settling down into a relationship at 20 is...

OK too.

And that's where the issue lies in today's day and age: people can't manage to keep their opinions to themselves. Everyone seems to think that their own beliefs in relation to marriage are the correct way to go about it, and they make sure to let you know this any chance they can. BUT THAT'S THE CATCH. THERE IS NO CORRECT WAY TO DO LIFE. Like the video states, there is no expiry date on important milestones in your life journey! Go to college at 30, start a new job in your 50s, have a baby in your early 20s, meet your soulmate at 40 - because honestly, who cares??? Friends, coworkers, and family will always have something to say about you and your life choices, but in reality, you're the one who has to face the consequences of your decisions.

If you still haven't gotten the message by now, I'll lay it out pretty clear for you: now is the time to drive your own car. Okay, maybe that metaphor wasn't the best explanation, but you get the point. Please, don't feel like you need to catch up to your peers who are doing things a little out of order, or a little faster than you are. There is no possible way to "fall behind" because there is nowhere you have to be standing. Life isn't a race by any means. You can run or walk along the path, as long as you're simply enjoying the journey!