14 Things I Do Before Starting My Homework

Before I do my homework I like to procrastinate -- a lot. In college, I have about 17 hours of homework every night, so before I get to it, I like to follow this routine. This routine usually lasts all night, until I just push my homework until tomorrow. It shakes life up a bit and makes it super exciting!

1. Drink all of the water.

I may drink a sip of water every 4 days, but there's no doubt that before I start my homework I become the queen of hydration. I consume all of the water in the house in hopes that during homework, all my organs will become energized and I'll magically be smarter.

2. Make a playlist.

I must make a playlist before I start anything. I need to have the most up-to-date and energy-driven playlist available. This is a careful process and much research is done before song selection.

3. Listen to the playlist.

I then go through the playlist about a hundred times, really getting to know and experience all of the songs. I look up the lyrics to "God's Plan," I live in the moods of Lana Del Rey, and then I perform a concert to my dogs.

4. Twitter.

I need to keep up with the latest memes, political arguments, and the local's lifestyles before I continue my work. Also, knowing if there is a new HD picture of Harry Styles will be beneficial before I start my homework.

5. Instagram.

I scroll aimlessly for a few minutes or a few hours, and then I decide that I want to make my life seem cooler. I then, begin to start a whole new Instagram theme and post an aesthetically pleasing picture to my story.

6. Snapchat.

After posting to my Instagram story, I obviously have to post something to my Snap story as well.

7. Facebook.

This is kind of my last resort of all my social media. On here, I'll further dive into the local culture.

8. Apply for internships.

Then, I decide to get my life together. I start, but never finish, all of the internship applications I've been thinking about.

9. iMessage.

Once I take a break from applications, preferably once they ask for a hefty personal statement, I'll finally go into my unread text messages that I haven't replied to in about six years.

10. Face masks.

I then must cleanse my life further by putting on a face mask.

11. Pet my dogs.

This is non-negotiable and must be done before I devote all of my brain power to homework.

12. Plan out my week.

To ease my stress about homework, I decide to map out my week and go into specifics on what I have to do every day to achieve optimal productiveness.

13. Plan out my life.

If I'm doing the whole week I might as well do my whole life. During this process, I go on Pinterest and plan my wedding rehearsal, my house that will be built in ten years, and my future children's holiday outfits.

14. YouTube.

After planning out my life, and deciding that everything will be a-oaky if I put my homework off until tomorrow, I get into bed with a cup of tea and a YouTube haul video and call it a night after a hard day's worth of work.