How To Be A Red-HEAD With The Red Henna Hair Dye

Here's how you could become a redhead using natural henna!

22

We all have wanted to become redheads at one point. We mean, the hair color just screams yes, and what better way to turn your look around than to dye your hair red, any shade of red! But not all of us are fans of traditional hair dyes. We mean they work but at the same time are packed with harsh chemicals that damage both our hair and our health, and nobody wants that. Not you, for sure!

Well, the good news, you can use henna to get a natural red hair dye look. Yes, henna is a 100% natural hair dye that is extracted directly from the tropical flowering plant. It is mixed with various other flowers with dyeing properties to deliver various shades of red for all hair types.

So, the question is how do you become a redhead using natural henna? Well, it is simple. But let us break it down for you in steps so you can figure it out easily especially if you are experimenting with henna hair dye for the very first time. Continue reading to find out more.

1. Make Sure to Get Pure Henna

First things first. You need to make sure that you are getting your henna from a reputable seller. Various online sellers sell natural henna but that doesn't mean they are all legit. So, you should do your research and purchase from a trustable manufacturer or seller to avoid side effects and bad experiences.

The Henna Guys are one of the best henna hair dye providers in the market and the good thing is that they have various shades of red henna hair in store, allowing you to get the desired red hair color.

2. Wash Your Hair

Next in line is preparing your hair. Henna doesn't work best on oily and dirty hair. Therefore, you should wash your hair at least 24 hours before application. It helps prepare your hair and scalp, by clearing out all the debris and dirt and packing in the minimum number of natural oils that henna needs to stain your hair locks.

3. Prepare the Paste

To get the wine-red hair color, you need the henna hair dye with the wine-red stain. You can easily get it from the Henna Guys. Once you have the powder, you have to follow the simple steps mentioned on the packaging to prepare the paste for application. Once done, cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit for a while.

4. Apply Petroleum Jelly

Now it is time to prepare your skin for application. Henna dye is very strong in terms of staining especially when it comes to your skin. So, to avoid it, the best approach is to apply petroleum jelly or any kind of balm to the exposed skin on your neck, around your ears, and your forehead. Make sure to apply a sufficient amount to avoid natural red hair dye stains.

5. Divide Your Hair into Sections

Next, it is time to prepare your hair. Similar to the regular hair dyeing technique, you need to divide your hair into small sections. Since henna hair dye paste is thicker as compared to traditional hair dyes thus the application can be a bit messy and complicated. So, make sure to section your hair properly to cover all strands equally.

6. Apply the Paste

Now it is time for the application process. It is as simple as it can get. You can use the brush, or you can use your hands for application. Hands work better and make it easier but make sure to wear gloves to avoid staining your hands' wine red in the process.

It is often best that you ask someone to help you out with the application process. Also make sure to wear something old and worn out because no matter how careful you are, you will end up with stains. Cover all hair strands, apply multiple times, if necessary, to get desired results.

7. Cover Your Hair

Once you are done with the application process, use a shower cap or a plastic bag to cover your hair. The thing about wine red henna hair color is that it works differently on different hair types. So, it can take up to six hours to dry especially if you have applied multiple layers. You can always check every hour to see if you have achieved the desired color.

8. Rinse and Dry

Lastly, all you gotta do is rinse and dry your hair. It is best that you only shampoo your hair once when washing your hair. Avoid using the conditioner as henna works as a natural conditioner and nourishes your scalp and hair strands. Also, take at least 48 hours gap before washing your hair again.

Congratulations on being a natural red hair dye person! You will surely enjoy your results.