Because Of Faith, My Heart Is Healing

Because Of Faith, My Heart Is Healing

He can heal a broken heart!

214

It was raining the night you left me.

God was shedding his tears and washing away the sorrow that seemed to envelop me as I watched your back leave through my front door.

Agony overcoming my body, knees trembling with the loss of you.

Feeling as if at any second, I would collapse into a ball of udder destruction.

My tears running down my face burning my cheeks like acid rain falling from the clouds above.

The taste of salt now on my lips that are quivering ever so slightly.

The feeling of my heart breaking into thousands of shattering pieces able to rip through my flesh and kill me right then and there.

I never saw the end of us coming,

After all, we were just getting our lives together started and planned out.

That cold, wet dark night that you left you covered me in endless shame and disgust over myself.

Making it seem as if I was the one to blame for our demise.

Treating me as if I were some demonic creature sent from hell by Satan to destroy you.

In the end you were the destroyer of me.

The destroyer of love and happiness that could have been internal.

The only thing that saved my life from you that rainy night, was the presence of God and my never-ending trust and love I have for him.

When you turned your back on me, he was there to pick up every piece in which you caused to crumble to the floor.

No amount of love could compare to his that he had for me that night.

Showing me how toxic you truly were,

Showcasing that the devil works in mysterious and unimaginable ways to hurt those who follow our one true King.

With the now burning of my cheeks and puffy eyes, I sit with trembling knees and shaking shoulders hoping by some miracle that this was all just a terrible dream.

I would wake up and everything would be fine,

You would somehow come back to me,

And we would be happy like we always promised one another that we would be.

Sitting there in silence with only the sounds of my ragged breathing and the sniffles of my runny nose,

No matter how bad you destroyed me at that moment in time, I felt whole.

For God was with me, embracing me with his love and glory.

That was the night you left me.

When the rain turned into hope, it would wash away every single sin and the corrupt feelings I had because of you.