Beautiful World

Beautiful World

How to stop the stress featuring gifs

5
Beautiful World
Jazlyn Rust

Between a full course load, sixty hours a week of work, an engagement, and homework, you can find your life becomes very stressful. This is why it is important to remember to take time out of your week and r-e-l-a-x. Here are my top five ways to calm down after a hard week.

1. Spending time with your friends/ partner/ family

Let people recharge your batteries! It's always those closest to you that really know how to help properly. Just be around people who can bring you up, never down. For me, that is my fiance, my mother, and sisters, and my friends spread across campus.

2. Go Bowl

You don't have to be a pro to know that bowling can ease your mind and increases endorphins. You can throw gutterballs every shot but still have more fun than sitting and yelling at your laptop because your paper isn't in the right form.

3. Read

Stop reading that old textbook and bring out the old novel that has been sitting on yourself since you have been a freshman in high school. Dive into a story you actually want to hear, and not one you are forced to read.

4. Sing

You know what feels better than anything in the world? Singing your heart out in the car! When I am super stressed out, James and I just drive around until I am voiceless or complete calm. Or even go in a practice room and scream the words to your favorite song, it will feel better I can assure you.

5. Nap

It is so easy to get stressed out if you don't have enough sleep. if you find yourself pulling an all-nighter or going to IHOP at three in the morning with an 8 o' clock class the next morning, find time in the day to just catch an hour or two and then try and tackle that project again

These are just a few ways that you can release stress but always remember to just chill and have a good time!