Be your self quotes

Be your self quotes

Have you ever heard of Andersen's fairy tales, the story of a gray-haired duck born among a flock of yellow ducklings? Although he is very good at swimming, with the fur unlike anyone should always be sneezed by people around him.

15
Be your self quotes

One day he determined to leave home to find the answer to the question: who am I. During the journey, he realized that he was not like anyone else, everyone assumed that he was an extremely ugly duck. He wishes that If he were like them, how happy he would be. Until one day he realized he was a very beautiful swan.

The seemingly simple story from that childhood day turned out to be an extremely profound lesson about the value of each person. Today, inspired by the ugly duckling, I would like to write about 20 quotes about being yourself.

Be yourself quotes and meaning

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Nowadays there is a very popular word, "trend". Meaning a concept, a trend that many people pursue. Gradually there are movements that inadvertently become the norm, the norm of beauty, the norm of a happy life.

It is hard to tell which is right or wrong. And sometimes standards unintentionally make others feel they are wrong and then change to achieve that standard. In fact, it is impossible to say that one standard is right and the other is false.

The bottom line here is that you are satisfied with that? Is this yourself or every day you have to pretend to be no different? Congratulations to those who dare to set foot on a different road from the direction many people have chosen, congratulations to all who dare to live to be themselves.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself"- Friedrich Nietzsche

The reason to be yourself is an achievement because it is a whole difficult process. Sometimes being true to yourself makes you different from the majority, the feeling of loneliness is obvious, you will also be scared, scared because you can choose the wrong, scared when people consider you are eccentric. But just as this be yourself quote says, the price to live for being yourself is never too high.

"Your self-worth is determined by you. You don't have to depend on someone telling you who you are." – Beyoncé.

Nobody likes being told to do this, to live like that. And the one who understands you the most is yourself, not anyone else. Therefore, do not pay too much attention to how others talk about you. Focus on improving your values and asserting yourself

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." - Thich Nhat Hanh.

This is yourself quote reminds me of the boys' answer when asked: what is a beautiful and attractive girl. Most believe that the confident girl is the most attractive. Remember girls, the melasma, scars can not make a confident girl go bad at all. If you are completely comfortable with wearing a t-shirt and jeans, then wear it, you will definitely look better than you struggle with a tight skirt, right?

" If you can't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?" - Ru Paul.

Has anyone ever been like a duck in Andersen's story, thinking he was ugly and different? Remember that being yourself starts with accepting yourself, accepting the flaws you have. No one is perfect, and that doesn't make you an obnoxious person. This is yourself quote also brings another message that is Loving yourself. Because you are the first and only person with responsibility and obligation to do that.

"Be yourself, but always your better self." - Karl Maeser.

What you need to do after accepting yourself is to constantly improve yourself. If you are not satisfied with your physique, weight, let do exercise, start a reasonable diet. If you don't like your temper, learn to control your emotions. Improving the things you know will be good for you, these will bring you positive energy, and happiness.

"Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else." - Judy Garland.

In the process of making yourself better, remember not to be someone else's version. Do not lose the values that only you have.

Have you ever wanted to be like this person to be beautiful like her, to be that person to be as happy as they are? It's like the duckling wants its fur to not be gray. But it is impossible, just like your nature, you can hide it, ignore it but cannot change it.

Do not let a day, when you have become the second version as expected, you realize that you are not as happy as you thought.

"Being different isn't a bad thing. It means you're brave enough to be yourself." - Luna.

Luna's statement is indeed one of the most persuasive. She herself is a great testament to daring to be herself. I enjoyed the views of Luna on every issue. She does not care about the gossip about her hair, about her fashion sense.

Regardless of not having friends to play with, she is happy with her colorful private world. Yes, what you live for is yourself being brave, brave for being different, brave to pursue what makes you happy.

"Our time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs.

I want to end the article with one of Steve Jobs' famous quotes. We only have one life to live, and you're not even sure if you'll be able to live tomorrow.

You may also like these quotes

"A rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose. All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that's like a woman too." – Beautiful Sunflower quotes.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Bernard M. Maruch.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde.

"Faithless To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them." - Maya Angelou

"About all you can do in life is who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all." - Rita Mae Brown.

"Be yourself, don't take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive." - Gerard Way.

"Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness." - Allen Ginsberg.

"I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet." - Mahatma Gandhi.

Final thought

So whether you still want to do the boring job while the heart is sobbing to be an artist. Do you want to be once sexually recognized by yourself? Do you want to tear open the outer shell, to be like that duckling, fly to the sky, become a happy swan?

I wish you the courage to raise your voice deep down, wish you perseverance to improve and assert your self-worth. Wish you will always be yourself.