6 Simple Tips For "Adulting"

6 Simple Tips For "Adulting"

How to win at being a millennial adult

240
Videoblocks

Social media is flooded with posts about young adults sharing their “adulting” stories. Whether you’re buying a car, filling out tax returns, or preparing for an important job interview, here are some ways you can improve your adulting game!

1. Buy a planner

This may seem unimportant, but this step’s importance is paramount. Having a planner, and using that planner will drastically organize your life. An organized life means less stress, and more energy for you to aim at adulting.

2. Make a budget.

Again, seemingly small and cliché, but will, again, revolution your life’s organization. Using a budget not only forces you to think about where your money is being spent, but helps you keep track of how much your balance is.

3. Purge your closet.

You’re now an adult. It is way past time for you to throw away that Stitch sweatshirt. What you wear influences your mindset, and if you’re still wearing clothing that teens and tweens wear, chances are you’re also acting like them.

4. Find yourself a dinosaur.

“Dinosaur” is slang for someone who is older than you, and who is walking through life in front of you. Ask them questions, learn from their mistakes, and grow from their shared wisdom. If you’re having trouble accomplishing an adulting task, chances are that they’ve completed that task, and can give you advice that will help.

5. Keep up with the news.

I’m preaching to myself here, because I know I need to be doing this, too. Not only will this keep you aware of what is going on in the world, but it will impress potential employers if you are up to date on current events.

6. Last but not least, talk to your parents.

They've been alive much longer than you, and so have more practical knowledge. They know things. They know what’s up. Any opportunity you have to pester them for tips, tricks and adulting advice, take it! Your parents are the ones who should know you best, so let them help you out!