I want you to take a moment and think about the last truly silly or odd thing you did. If it was recent, great! If it wasn’t so recent I want you to do something along those lines as soon as you can.

It may seem a little crazy to say that, but I promise there is a method to my madness. Think about why you haven’t done anything like that recently...if your answer is that you don’t like to, I don’t believe you, but I can’t force you to do anything.

It would probably be a bad thing to do everything you were told to do by someone on the internet, but at least hear me out.

The main reason people don’t do silly or odd things is that it can be seen as different or bad. It seems like a terrible thing that such fun activities are deemed childish or unprofessional.

People who put themselves out there are seen as fun, they make people smile and their actions allow others to feel comfortable doing the same. Sure, there are the people who put them down for it, but believe it or not, most of the people I know think of these people as more confident and more comfortable with who they are.

I’m not trying to make this sound like an easy task, but I think it would be amazing if we could normalize it.

Stop letting people just act like they’re too cool for others, speak up to those who do put themselves out there and find ways to let yourself be silly. From personal experience there is nothing more fun than giggling like a fool with a friend or friends. Even if you are getting weird looks.