7 Things To Be Grateful For During Quarantine

Though the world is going through one of the toughest times in history, there are still small things to be grateful for.

54

The world is facing such a trying time right now. Between the COVID-19 outbreak, racial and political injustices, and countless other let downs, it can be hard to find ways to remain positive. I wrote this as a reminder of all the small things we should be grateful for during quarantine. After all, one of the most important parts of life is making sure you aren't taking it for granted, use this list as a reminder.

Spending Time Outside

Whether you're going on a walk, riding a bike, visiting a park, taking a hike, or bouncing a soccer ball in your backyard, spending time outside is one of the things most people have been able to enjoy since the "stay at home orders" were first implemented. It is important to get fresh air and stay active daily. I hope you've found new ways to stay busy in the sun during this past couple of months.

Quality Time With Family

Students moved home from college, adults moved back in with the parents, many families found themselves spending more time together since the virus outbreak. With our busy schedules and life's countless responsibilities, being able to spend quality time with your family is such a blessing right now.

Finding Creative Ways To Hang Out With Friends

Zoom is the new night out. Weddings, baby showers, and birthday parties have been moved to online formats to follow social distancing rules. Drive-by graduation parties were organized for the class 2020 graduates. Car picnics and drive-in movies have had besties hanging out safely during this crazy time. How have you and your friends hung out during quarantine?

Time to Rest

For many people, the pandemic has gifted them with much needed rest. I hope that you've listened to your body and have taken as many midday naps as needed over the past few months.

Discovering New Things

It's always exciting to find new hobbies and prepare new recipes. Quarantine has given people many opportunities to experience new discoveries. Many people have started new business ventures and fallen in love with that one thing they've always wanted to try, but have never had the time to do so.

FOMO Is Nonexistent

With stay-at-home orders and social distancing guidelines in place, there is no reason to have fear of missing out. You don't have to beat yourself up about saying no to that dinner date, or just wanting to stay home instead of going out dancing.

New Music Releases

Many artists have taken this time to create again, and with that, a lot of new music has dropped on various streaming platforms. One of my personal favorites was the release of ChloeXHalle's sophomore album, "Ungodly Hour."