Why Baylor Has the Best Football Team (even without a quarterback)

They gave it their all.

8

Yesterday Baylor University's football team lost to the University of Texas. It was a game that we were predicted to win. But as difficult as it was to watch the with season end with a loss I can say with pride that my school's football team gave it all they had this season.

This season we had quarterbacks Seth Russel, Jarett Studham, and Chris Johnson who were all injured and unable to play for the remainder of the season. The role of the quarterback fell upon wide receiver Lynx Hawthorne to step up and finish out the game verses UT. Even with someone who is not a quarterback playing the position Baylor lost to UT by only 1 touchdown. If that doesn't show how hard both our defense and offense worked I don't know what does.

While we were predicted to win the Big 12 and potentially end up in the top four of the NCAA football rating with the number of obstacle that we had to face, unfortunately that did not happen.

This football season didn't go as planned for the players, coaches, and fans, but Baylor Nations is still proud of our team. They worked hard and will be returning to a bowl game for the 6th season in a row.

I've had the opportunity to watch four great years of football here at Baylor and couldn't imagine cheering on anyone else. Yes, this wasn't our best season, but I can say with confidence that next season the bears will come back stronger than ever (and having a quarterback again would be nice).

Sic'em!