Yes, I Will Be Basic For Halloween

Yes, I Will Be Basic For Halloween

You can be the sexy schoolgirl at that college party, just like the other 10 girls there.

52
Yes, I Will Be Basic For Halloween
The Paramount Vault | YouTube

Halloween is just around the corner and while families take their young ones trick-or-treating, the college scene will be filled with non-stop partying.

Frat parties, apartment parties, parties in weird places you have no reason being in, these are the moments we never forget. I mean we do forget them, but they were fun while they lasted. Every Halloween party has some sort of costume criteria, but the costume is the least of one's worries.

The amount of booze you can get in your system and still manage to get back to the dorms at three in the morning safely-- now that's a party. People go to a college party to have fun, and sometimes, most of the time, getting intoxicated takes place.

As we get older, the costumes still have some sort of significance, but these parties become more of an incentive to forget about the midterm you worked so hard on, yet failed. Don’t get me wrong, a Halloween party isn’t a Halloween party without dressing up, but let’s be fair the parties are all the same every week.

It's just that this week is the week we add some pizazz to the chaos.

Having a basic costume is alright. Go be that sexy schoolgirl or Count Dracula and strut your stuff because no one will remember what you wore the next day. You can totally be the seventh black cat that walks into the room because trust me, no one will be sitting around taking note of every basic costume idea that comes into that hot, smelly room full of intoxicated young adults.

Unless they don't enjoy drinking, dancing, and just having a great time... then why be at a party?

This isn’t a contest. A winner will not be announced at 8 pm right before everyone heads home for the night. You are going to get turnt, meaning you and everyone else in that party will not remember what happened the next day.

We want to have fun, to make the best of the night and enjoy it with our group of friends and maybe a stranger later on (be careful please).

The concept of a “basic b*tch” Halloween costume is looked at as a person’s inability to think outside the box. I say, “What a genius.” Who would want to ruin their actual costume, which takes time and effort to make, at a college party?

I’ve been to a few college parties, and I can tell you this from experience, someone is going to spill beer on you. Or if anything, you will be covered in sweat because of how hot and musty it is in that party.

No one wants to walk into a party wearing the best, most intricately grand Sailor Moon costume for it to get trashed in a few minutes. Those knee-high red boots will get scuff marks on them like no tomorrow.

Put on some cat ears and be a cute black cat for the night or throw on a red cape and say you’re Wonder Woman or Superman.

Put some effort in the costume, or don’t. It really depends on you, but there is nothing wrong with being another football player or devil walking into the party. Whatever you do, have fun. The night is young and there is no reason to waste it away worrying you’ll ruin a costume you spent so much time perfecting.

Here’s to a fun, alcohol-induced Halloweekend! (Please be safe and make good choices).