Don't Be Discouraged By Your Friends To Not Get Bangs, Be Encouraged By Zooey Deschanel

Bangs are always a good idea.

260
Unsplash

Who ever said bangs were a bad idea? Those people clearly have never heard of the Big Bang Theory —or seen the show for that matter because even if you're not watching for Sheldon, the wicked catchy theme song can be quite convincing.

I will admit, bangs are definitely a statement not everyone is willing to make, but if you have ever seen two people colliding or a glass falling to the floor, you know what walking into a room with new bangs is like. Just like that, they are noticed.

I can’t say the same for the 2-inch trim. We know it was only to get rid of your dead ends. Sorry, but you aren’t fooling anyone.

So, it is my pleasure to inform you that bangs will give you the confidence and the attention you want, whether it be from that boy that sits across from you in class or in that interview for the job you really want where you aren’t so sure you will be remembered. Whatever case it may be, bangs are memorable.

Change can be scary—almost as scary as the uncertainty of online shopping. You just never know what to expect or what you are really going to get until you rip open that box sitting on your front doorstep. Ray-Ban revolutionized online shopping when they made it possible to virtually try sunglasses on. WHAT. WOAH.

I know…go check them out. Maybe even get a pair that will match your new bangs. What I'm trying to say is that it is impossible to know for sure what bangs or that five-dollar top from Forever 21 will look until you get them.

With that unfortunate truth, let me give you the terms and conditions that everyone actually does know before getting a haircut.

Ready…

HAIR GROWS!

This is the one reason no hairdresser actually gets sued.

Hair grows about a half of an inch every few weeks, which means you get a free trial period to decide if this was truly a match made in heaven or if your true calling was to join Rapunzel. You'll be able to pull it back before you know it, and if all else fails, we do have hair accessories for a reason.

I will say, most people who’ve considered taking this leap of faith know what they are getting themselves into. Our subconscious is a powerful thing, and even when people say, “bangs are never a good idea,” I am here to encourage you to take a look at Zooey Deschanel or Dakota Johnson to argue otherwise.

Getting bangs isn’t a life decision unless you choose to make it one. We all go through stages. No one ever forgets their middle school awkward stage. At the end of the day, there is no other way to know whether you are a bangs girl or not if you do not give them a chance.

To give you even more moral support, more people try them than you might think. Michelle Obama, Cameron Diaz, Taylor Swift, Lea Michele, Carrie Underwood, Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, even Beyoncé are all bang veterans.

So, if you are thinking about it at all, I say go with your gut and join these lovely ladies. Don’t be discouraged by those friends that probably have never had them. Prove them wrong.

It might seem like life or death, but so did the Big Bang Theory, and we are all still here—alive and getting bangs.

So if you have that gut feeling, go with it! I support you, even Sheldon supports you. In his wise words, “Don’t you think if I were wrong, I’d know it?"