According to the National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, 37% of college students have used an illicit drug and abused alcohol on a regular basis. Addiction is more common than you think, and if you're struggling with it, you're not alone. The first, most important and hardest step is to admit that there's a problem.

The next step is to get help. But is it possible to juggle your classes while attending rehab? In reality, it is, but you have to be determined to prepare for your future.

Some students want to put off rehab until after they graduate because they don't want to interrupt their progress. They don't want to take half a year off and then come back to classes. They fear that they'll feel like they're starting all over again.

But it's important not to put off your treatment. There's a good chance that your addiction is affecting your performance in class. Treatment can help you return with a clearer mindset and a healthier body and mind. Most schools will allow students to take medical leave, which will give you the time you need to take care of yourself.

There are many benefits to attending drug rehabs and college classes:

- Improved self-worth

- Improved career opportunities

- A new environment

- Gaining a sense of accomplishment

You have many options available to you when it comes to both treatment and your education.

- Inpatient Program: If your addiction is severe, you can attend an inpatient program during the summer without disrupting your class and progress. You'll have time to focus on your addiction and recovering.

- Online Courses: Many colleges and universities have online courses that make it easier to continue your education while recovering.

- Outpatient Program: An outpatient program allows you to continue with your classes while still getting the treatment you need.

It's a major challenge, but it's more doable than you think.

Continuing your education while getting treatment will undoubtedly be a challenge. But, it's a challenge that's worth taking.

Many students are able to work out an arrangement that allows them to continue with their assignments during treatment. If you can work out this type of arrangement while attending an inpatient (or residential) treatment facility, you can complete your work while removing yourself from a potentially dangerous relapse environment.

Outpatient programs provide you with treatment while allowing you to attend classes and/or work. If you're able to get intensive treatment during summer break, you don't have to disrupt your routine. And if you choose an outpatient program, you can continue with your education without worrying about having to "take a break."

There are also many college rehab programs available. They're not as intensive as an inpatient program, but they do offer many benefits, including:

- Group counseling

- Psychological counseling

- Sober activities

- A relaxed, non-judgmental environment

These centers can help you stay focused on your classes and staying sober. If you're attending an outpatient program, these centers are a great complement to your treatment. Managing classes and a rehab program will take dedication and effort, but the reward of a sober, healthy and fruitful life is well worth the struggle.