If you're a college student, you've definitely experienced an exam that you worked so hard for, that didn't end up as well as you'd hoped. It happens. Honestly, it is inevitable in college every now and then, for the rougher classes. Don't let it ruin you! Here's how to make a comeback from that devastating exam so that your final grade in the class suffers as little as possible... Also, don't forget that it is okay and it happens every now and then! Take a deep breath. It isn't the end of the world.

1. First and foremost, take a mental break!

After spending all that time preparing for a test, working so hard, and then wasting energy being upset after it didn't go well, you need to first take care of yourself. Mental health is so important, and sometimes you just need a little break to rejuvenate. Watch an episode of your favorite show, put on a face mask, call your mom, drink some tea, have a snack, use a bath bomb, just do something to alleviate your stress.

2. Make up for the dent in your grade with homework!

Do all of your homework! I know it sucks and you really don't want to, but more often than not, homework makes up a decent percent of a final average, and even if it doesn't count a lot, it still counts, so having a good homework average will only help you.

3. Sit in the front in class!

If you sit in the front, the professor will get to know you. He or she is more likely to go with the higher of the two letter grades if you're on the border if he or she knows you and knows you sit in the front and are active in class. Sure, you might get called a "teacher's pet," but it is worth it in the long run.

Also, it helps you learn better too! There's definitely less urge to surf the web on your laptop and online shop. It will make you more attentive, so you'll retain more, and perform better on the next exam.

4. Go to office hours!

If you have homework, work on it in the Professor or teaching assistant's office hours. Not only will it strengthen the teacher-student dynamic, but it will provide (usually) one-on-one help with assignments, which will help you better understand the material and boost your homework grade.

5. Make friends in the class!

Having people to study with is a great way to learn material. You can quiz each other, help each other learn, and build and grow off of each other. You can help each other with things you don't understand, and even do homework together! Your grades will thank you, and you could have fun with it too!