Blessings And Encouragement For Your Lowest Days
Life Stages

Tough situations build tough people, so just keep your eyes on the horizon and watch as things gradually get better.

128
https://unsplash.com/photos/abZ_Rok5_bA

Today was one of those days for me: a day where nothing seemed to go right. I felt like a complete failure because I was unhappy for a large chunk of my day, and almost nothing seemed to cheer me up or remind me who I was. By the end of the day, I was alone at the kitchen table, sitting in a puddle of tears.

Today may have left me feeling hopeless and insecure, but I know that my lowest days don't define me. When I feel emotionally drained, lost, confused, and worn out, I rest in the knowledge that things will improve eventually. I also remind myself that my bad days are not my fault.

I tell myself that I am not perfect (just to remind you, I am 100% human) and that my emotions are completely valid. It's OK that I overreacted today and became upset. It's OK that I woke up with a bad attitude. It's OK that I don't feel up to hanging out with friends tonight.

But, on the same note, I realize that I need to become stronger and work on snuffing out the bad days before they ruin my plans. It isn't fair to allow the negative things to completely steal my joy or harm my relationships with others.

So now, I treat my bad days like a piece of old notebook paper--I look them over at least once, crumple them up into a tiny wad of paper, and throw them away. This is my way of saying "you don't own me, nor do you control my life" to those negative thoughts and circumstances.

Because in the end, I try to be satisfied with every moment of every day. I take every opportunity to choose happy instead of living in anger or sadness. I try to live with joy, hopefulness, and trust. I want to show the world that Jesus is changing my heart more and more each day.

When you are facing difficult days, know that you are doing just fine. Know that you are enough. You were made in God's image and He has big plans for you.

The world may try to break you down and cause you to feel useless and unimportant. Don't believe the lies.

Keep your chin up, your mind positive, your intentions good, and your heart hopeful. Good things will come, and soon you'll be right back to your usual self. You'll forget about the bad days and focus on living the life that you deserve. If nothing else, just trust that with every new day comes a new opportunity to live your best life.