If you had asked me two weeks ago whether I was ready to go back to college, I would have said yes in a heartbeat. Now, I'm not so sure what my answer would be. Coming back to school this week meant that I got to see all my friends after what seemed like an infinitely long month. However, coming back to campus also means the start of classes, which comes with homework, tests, and other responsibilities. Although syllabus week is intended to be light in terms of workload, the end of this week has already left me feeling a little stressed.

Going into my first week of lectures, several classes jumped right into the coursework, giving out assignments with quickly approaching due dates. After going more than a month without doing any work, I immediately felt overwhelmed. Everyone seemed to know exactly what they were doing, while I was completely and utterly lost.

With the first week of classes having been less than successful, I began to stress about upcoming weeks. If I couldn't keep up during sylly week, how would I survive in the middle of the semester or during finals week? At first, it didn't make sense as to why I was having such a difficult time adjusting to school, as it's not like I'm a first-semester freshman.

It's easy to think that after a long break, my brain is ready to get back to work, but in reality, acclimating to the school climate takes time. Since it's my second semester in college, I have more experience under my belt, but I'm still trying to figure out my ideal way to study. After all, building a work ethic is a process that requires a great deal of patience.

What does make this process easier is the amazing support system that I have. Whether it be school tutoring services or friends and family, I know there will always be someone for me to turn to when I'm struggling in school. It may seem like everyone has their life together, but we're all in the same boat. Focus on yourself, regardless of how long it takes to find your groove.