Go Back to School in Style With These Trendy Looks

If you're headed back to the classroom this fall, you'll want to make a statement by going to school in style. This year, we're going to ditch the skinny jeans and say hello to athleisure, vintage, and comfort. Here are some trendy looks and tips to help you stand out and feel stylish in school this year.

Set Up Your Morning Routine

With school starting up soon, now is the perfect time to set up a new morning routine. Having a morning routine will help you to set the tone for the day, and will help you to start off your school year feeling fresh and productive.

First things first, once you've made the bed, and hit the bathroom, it's now time to start your new routine and get ready for school. If you're used to staying up late and want to reduce the appearance of dark circles around your eyes, apply your favorite color corrector underneath your eyes before applying concealer or foundation. This will leave your skin feeling good and will hide those circles. After applying your makeup, it's now time for mascara. If you want your eyes to really wow your friends this year, consider getting a lash lift to take your school by storm. This will help to leave your lashes looking natural and feeling great. After taking care of your skin, the next step is to pick out your outfit.

Being comfortable in the morning and at school is a must, so grab a pair of cozy socks to keep your feet feeling warm and snug throughout your day. Knee-high socks are in right now, and will go perfect with your favorite pair of sneakers or some tall boots. Or if you'd prefer ankle-length socks, these are a great choice for the varsity look, and will go great with your favorite park of high-tops.

Now it's time for the fun part, picking out your back to school wardrobe!

Back To School Fashion

Remember, this year is allo about expressing your personal style, while also being comfortable. If you love thrifting or finding unique vintage clothing, you will love the trending fashion looks this year. A key piece that you will need in your wardrobe this fall is a denim jacket. If you love shopping for the best vintage clothes, Bill Blass Jeans has an awesome collection of one-of-a-kind fashion pieces at an affordable price point. Try pairing your new denim jacket with a white tee and black jeans. If you're super confident, denim on denim is also a trending look right now.

Other fun outfit ideas to try are tie-dye print shirts, platform sneakers, oversized summer dresses, pleated skirts, and combat boots. Or, if you want to feel fancy for your first day, opt for a pants suit with a statement necklace. In addition to finding the perfect outfit, it's important to also give some love to your hair.

Hair Trends

This year has been a big year for haircuts and trending hair looks, and remember, hair trends often change by the season. If you want to change up your hair for going back to school, try adding some blonde highlights to brighten up your look. Face-framing cuts and highlights are trending right now if you'd like to bring some attention to your face, while adding some flare to your back-to-school look. If you are going blonde or adding some highlights this year, be sure to remember that dry shampoo is your best friend, wash your hair with color extending shampoo and conditioner, and rinse with cool water.

This year, athletic wear is also trending. If you are a fan of athleisure, try using better headwear for better adventures this school year. Finding the right cap, visor, or beanie, is a great way to have some added sun protection while you're outside at school. Try going for the varsity look this year with your activewear, or wear your favorite pair of biker shorts to spice up this sporty-inspired back-to-school look.

As far as hairstyles go, here are some campus-friendly hairdos that will hold up during your school day. First, try a messy top knot bun. This hairstyle is perfect for the on-the-go student, and gives a cute shabby-chic look for going back to school. Next, try styling your hair with soft waves, or if you're feeling edgy, go for space-buns. This will be sure to make a statement and have your luscious locks looking fabulous this semester. Once your look is complete, adding the right accessories is a must.

Accessories, Accessories!

Shopping for a new backpack is one of the best parts about going back to school. This year, large backpacks are trending, which will be sure to hold all of your school essentials. Try looking for a backpack with a laptop compartment, an H20 pocket, and enough space to store all of your books and supplies.

After you have picked out your new backpack and school supplies, it's time to finish off your back-to-school look with some jewelry. Finding the right piece of jewelry is critical to tying your outfit together. If you are planning to wear a solid shirt or plain top with a vintage skirt, try pairing a piece of rapper jewelry, like a gold or silver chain, with this look. This will be sure to elevate your outfit and tie your look together. If you have pierced ears, adding a pair of bold studs can also be sure to make a statement, and bring attention to your beautiful face.

Stylish Nail Trends

Now your back-to-school look is almost complete, but if you really want to walk into class feeling confident this year, having a new manicure is the perfect way to do that. If you love getting your nails done, the latest trend is DIY nails! So say goodbye to nail salons and hello to using a nail dip kit. With these manicures, you can apply in minutes, it dries instantly, and is 3-6 week chip free. For the latest fall designs to try for going back to school, get retro swirls, a snakeskin design, or a dark matte color with a french glossy tip. These nail looks will be sure to dazzle your friends this year.

Face Masks

For many students this year, face masks are being required or recommended to wear in school. In order to have a bit more fun with this, try finding a pattern that brings you joy. Cotton face masks work great for students because of their breathability and fun designs. Maybe try going with an animal print design such as cheetah or zebra print. Or, if you have a lot of school spirit, try finding a face mask to match your school colors, with your school logo, or with your school's mascot on it. This will be perfect to wear at the football games, as well as in class.

In Conclusion

Trying some of these trendy looks this school year will be sure to turn heads, and also help you to feel confident, happy, and strong. Remember, expressing your personal style will help you to feel great and to be more productive in school. By following these tips, you will be sure to go back to school in style this year.