Back To The Grind

Back To The Grind

Getting back into school habits and routine.
126

Now that the New Year has passed, it’s time to go back to school and get used to the same old school lectures we’ve been hearing for as long as we can remember.

In college, it adds on the process of moving all your things back into your small rooms where you either brought too much with you or not enough (which follows with panic either way) and then that brief time period of seeing all your friends again before classes actually start.

For me, I usually always forget something but then quickly forget about it once the “getting ready for school” panic ensues. Since I’ve been in college, I’ve noticed that the first day of classes always sneaks up on me which ends up leaving me scrambling to get my textbooks and class supplies while also scheduling a million catch up moments with friends.

Even though it is a busy time, I like it because it’s organized chaos. I’m able to do something and I have a purpose with each day rather than over break where I relax the first few days but then realize that I am so bored and that I have nothing to do. At least with being back at school I have some sort of schedule and some idea of what my day will be like.

Sure, procrastination will be a thing from the very beginning of the semester even though I always tell myself that I’ll be such a strong student and focus hard next semester. In the moment, school always is annoying and hard, but I like getting back to the grind to bring a little normalcy back into my life after a break.

I am so ready for this semester and year. Getting back into the grind might be a little hard at first, but it's something that's comfortable (until midterms or finals).