Everything You Need To Know About 'Bachelor In Paradise'

A place for partying, drinking, dating, and, potentially, falling in love with your soulmate.

58
timeinc.net

Let’s take a minute to talk about the current tv show, Bachelors in Paradise. Following the Bachelorette, this show is essentially a place where previous contestants on the shows haven’t found true love with the bachelorette or bachelor of the season. It is a place for partying, drinking, dating, and, potentially, falling in love with your soulmate.

Being relatively new to the whole Bachelor/Bachelorette obsession, I haven’t yet seen Bachelors in Paradise, and after the few episodes we have had so far, I have surmised that anything and everything will happen on this show. There appear to be no rules, and some people have taken advantage of that. This show is full of adults acting like teenagers, but apparently love has actually been able to blossom out of this.

I want to talk a little about each of the cast members we have seen so far. Who does everyone like? Who do they hate? Who’s in a couple and who should probably remain just friends? The roster of Bachelors in Paradise isn’t complete yet since people are always coming on the show, but so far, here’s what we know:

Chad

• Chad is insane. They should have controlled his behavior, and the reason that they didn’t is 100% for publicity and dramatic reasons. Chad is rude, mean, scary, too strong, and needs some help. When he tried to defend himself on the season finale of the Bachelorette it made me think he wouldn’t be that bad, but he was even worse than imagined. And, did anyone notice that they previewed him coming back and he didn’t?

Amanda

• Amanda is attractive, everyone thinks so, and I agree, she is really pretty. Mother of two, I’m not gonna lie Amanda is doing very well with herself, and the fact that she is at a point in her life to have children and be able to seek out love is inspirational, and I really hope that she is able to find love. Even though we are just seeing a lot of her making out with Josh right now, maybe there is potential in it (even though I feel badly for Nick).

Nick

• Aw Nick. He really is a handsome guy, and while I myself was not a witness to his bad luck on the Bachelorette, I’ve heard all about it and it seems like he just keeps getting the short end of the stick. This poor guy, he is so nice, so sweet, and having Amanda stolen from him in a matter of a day was heartbreaking to watch. I really hope that he finds his match made in Heaven, I feel that he deserves it!

Leah

• Leah is a crazy person, and looks wicked different from the Bachelor that was just a about a year ago. Her short lived time on Bachelor in Paradise is okay with me, as she had the lips of someone that stuck their lips in a beehive and shouldn’t have been harassing Amanda for going on a date with Nick.

Daniel

• Daniel. Canadian, strong, tall, kind of rude, and as his crush Sarah describes him, “weird but makes me laugh.” He says some things that I don’t always agree with, clearly misses his best friend Chadbear, and I can’t really ell if he is trying to be serious with Sarah or not. But I will say that him creating a date since he didn’t receive a date card was hella cute. We will find out how serious she is about him soon enough, as the girls have the power this week in the rose ceremony.

Sarah

• Sarah: is she taken by Christian or Daniel? Sarah is really beautiful, and cannot make up her mind with these two. She had fun with Christian, but Daniel makes her laugh. I am very curious to see who she will choose in the upcoming rose ceremony, as at this point I think it could go either way. In addition, I admire how she stood up to Chad. She fights for what she believes in and understands that women need to be treated equally to men, and that Chad’s words and actions were not acceptable anywhere.

Evan

• Evan...poor Evan. He means well, I really think that he does, but….I don’t know that this is the show for him. Carly broke his heart, after he thought that the date went well with her (even though we got none of that from her side), but I don’t think it was meant to be with them. But I also don’t think that he should go after Amanda. Especially since she is literally in mid-make out with Josh. He is a really nice guy, and I know that he will make someone happy, I’m just not sure we have met them yet in paradise.

Jared

• Jared is a cutie, so far I like him in paradise. He went on the date with Jubilee, was a perfect gentleman, but it just didn’t work out with her. I wonder if he will stay with Emily, as new women are coming onto the show all the time and what they have doesn’t seem to have developed into anything serious yet.

The Twins

• Emily...Haley...Haley...Emily...which twin is which? Personally, as I am a twin (fraternal but still), I think it is ridiculous that even the show makes absolutely no effort to differentiate between the two. They seem nice enough, but are acting like teenagers, and portraying themselves as the epitome of dumb blondes. I wonder if it is all an act or not. That was a cruel joke to play on Brandon by switching in the middle of the date, as he had just barely met them, how could he tell the difference!

Lace

• Lace. Almost as crazy as Chad, but able to control it, she has changed since her season on the Bachelor with Ben. Despite the fact that she partied with Chad, she got herself together by not agreeing with his behavior, sobering up, and staying away from him, and I give her credit for that. I just hope that she and Grant are for real, as it almost seemed like she was just using him to get the rose -- at first at least.

Jubilee

• Jubilee seems to have changed since Ben’s season. She seems happier, more...jubilant, even. Getting the very first date rose, (I would be super nervous) but she held it together with confidence when she asked Jared on the date. But her time in paradise was short-lived since she recently didn’t receive a rose by him, but I hope that her change of attitude helps her find her perfect match elsewhere.

Carly

• Carly. I really like her. She says what everyone is thinking, and isn’t afraid to do so. She tried to have a relationship with Evan, realized that it wasn’t going to work out, and, (I think), did the right thing by breaking it off gently with him. That was respectful of her, as she could have potentially led him on further throughout the show. Because she chose not to do that and came clean about her true feelings, she gained a lot of respect from me and I look forward to her sassiness in the next episode.

Izzy

• Izzy. I’ve never seen her before, but seems to fit very well with Vinny. I feel like she just kind of blends into the background of the show, but will continue to be safe as her relationship with Vinny moves forward.

Vinny

• Vinny seems to have blossomed on Bachelors in Paradise. He speaks much more, has a much better haircut (being a barber and all), and is more at home on this show than he was on JoJo’s season on the Bachelorette. I’m really just overall impressed with how much better his haircut looks on him. I thought he was a different person when he first came on to the show he was talking so much!

Grant

• Grant is good-looking. Resembling the well-muscled Squidward, Grant seems to be getting along well with Lace, and is having a good time in Paradise. So far he hasn’t done anything too crazy, but there’s still time.

Josh

• Josh is a huge dude, good looking, full of himself, and just plain mean to Nick. I mean seriously, the second time he has stolen a girl from him? Come on man. It’s like he has something against him. And I think he and Amanda should maybe have a conversation once in awhile, not just make out 24/7.

Christian

• I like Christian. While he didn’t get very far on JoJo’s season of the Bachelorette, I think he’s a good guy. He went on a fantastic date with Sarah, and I think they are a really cute couple. But, if Sarah chooses Daniel over Christian, he may be in trouble for the rose ceremony.

Brandon

• Brandon. The guy nobody has ever seen or even heard of, besides Carly since I guess Brandon was on the same season of the Bachelorette as her brother? They seemed to have the beginnings of a connection, but then Brandon went the Haley route instead. Honestly I feel a little bad for him since the twins did a “switcharoo” on him in the middle of his date with Haley, and HE DIDN’T EVEN NOTICE. He probably watched that episode and that was the first time finding out about it.

Jorge

• Jorge, oh Jorge. He is so innocent and somewhat random, who couldn’t love him? But I will say that he needs to stop serving alcohol to some of these people. They can become a danger to themselves, and to others. Other than that he is just the happy bartender, laughing at how ridiculous some of these people are acting.

Chris Harrison

• Finally, the host of the show, Chris Harrison, seemingly irrelevant on the Bachelor/Bachelorette until the live shows, seems to just really like drama by hosting Bachelors in Paradise. I don’t fully understand what his purpose is, but I guess it is one less unemployed person in the world.