Why Clare Crawley Shouldn't Have Kept Yosef On 'The Bachelorette'

Would You Accept This Red Flag? The Bachelorette Kept The Guy Who Slid Into DMs In Quarantine

Simple red flag or dealbreaker?

3363

Pssst. There are spoilers ahead!

"The Bachelorette" is finally back but just because Clare Crawley is the oldest bachelorette in the show's history (they keep reminding us of this as if she's 70 years old) and knows exactly what she wants, that doesn't mean some bullsh*t won't slip through the cracks once in a while.

Last night, on the season 16 premiere, Tyler C revealed to Clare some gossip he had heard from a friend with a mutual connection to another contestant on the show, Yosef. Allegedly, Yosef had been DMing Tyler C's friend while quarantined before the show. While, of course, it's a known fact you never want to be the snitch of the season and, therefore, Tyler C was not surprisingly sent home, Yosef got the rose!

Would you have given Yosef the rose if you were Clare?

Personally, Yosef would've gotten the boot from me. Why? Because the reality is, whether or not he slid into people's DMs in quarantine before coming on the show doesn't matter. The problem for me would be he's already wasting precious time that could be spent in much more productive ways than chatting about whether he said "Hey beautiful" to someone in her DMs.

Nobody has time for that. Especially someone who's trying to get engaged at the end of "The Bachelorette."

Even though it's a (hopefully) harmless red flag, Clare had 30-plus other men who weren't pulling her aside to waste her time. She should have focused on them, which she did after a few moments with Tyler C and Yosef, but in the end, she gave Yosef the rose anyway. Do I think he'll make it far? No. So why keep him? Probably because the producers made her, but if it were up to me, gooooooodbye Yosef.

Have you ever been in a situation where the guy you were dating was sliding into other people's DMs? Click here to write about it for a chance to be featured on Swoon or email taylor.mead@theodysseyonline.com with pitches.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.