Clare Crawley Stood Up Her Dates Last Night On 'The Bachelorette'
Start writing a post
Swoon

Would You Accept This Red Flag? Clare Stood Up Her Dates Last Night On 'The Bachelorette'

Simple red flag or dealbreaker?

8047
Would You Accept This Red Flag? Clare Stood Up Her Dates Last Night On 'The Bachelorette'
ABC

Don't get me wrong, we definitely saw some red flags from Clare in episodes one and two of this season of "The Bachelorette," but after (spoiler alert) Yosef got sent home last night, she's quickly become the villain of her own season, waving some pretty bright red flags we can no longer ignore.

To get more specific, last night Chris Harrison told the guys they'd all be getting dates after Clare canceled the cocktail party following the fight with Yosef (please let this be the last time I have to think about this a**hole). Unfortunately for the men, Clare also ended up completely ditching the first group date she promised them. Yes, that's right, she stood up the men who were supposed to have a fun day with her and showed up hours later without an apology (or a reason).

If someone didn't contact you to reschedule your date and showed up hours later without a reason or an apology, would you accept that red flag?

If you ask me, this would absolutely be a no from me. Sure I've said that every week, but I'd rather be single than sit around wasting time on anyone who 1. — continues to slide into people's DMs while dating me, 2. — calls me crazy for having feelings, or 3. — stands me up on a date because they didn't feel like coming (like... sweet, sweet).

Friends, never settle, OK? Seriously... this season is a mess for so many reasons, but the red flags just keep coming and I beg you to watch out for these in your own dating lives. For real.

Last week was no better, honestly. After Yosef called Clare crazy for feeling a certain way about something, I could not stop cringing. According to our Instagram poll results, 79% of you weren't happy with it either and the other 21% said it wasn't a dealbreaker, that it was fine to call her crazy... to each their own, I guess.

No matter what red flags from the last few episodes would be dealbreakers for you, I think we can probably all agree this season has been off to a rocky start. Thankfully, the teasers for next week look like Tayshia Adams will sweep in and save us all next Thursday (because of the 2020 Election on Tuesday, AH).

Have you ever been stood up by someone who later tried to reschedule plans? Click here to write about it for a chance to be featured on Swoon or email taylor.mead@theodysseyonline.com with pitches.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.

Report this Content
Featured

How I Went From Pro-Life To Pro-Choice

"No one can make you do this."

3099
msra.org

I was raised in a strict, Irish-Catholic family. My parents and grandparents, even though I love them, instilled many beliefs in me that I came to disagree with as I grew older, things like "homosexuality is weird and wrong." I eventually rejected many of these ideas once I began growing into myself, but there was always one belief I let ring true well into my teen years: abortion is the murder of an unborn baby.

Keep Reading... Show less
Featured

Trip to The City of Dreams

In a city that never sleeps, with constant bustling and hustling in the streets, my friend and I venture out to see what the "Big Apple" is all about.

1840
Trip to The City of Dreams

There are so many ways for one to describe the beautiful city of New York. It is breathtaking, exciting and alive all in one. Taking a trip here was absolutely the adventure of a lifetime for me and I'm so grateful to have gotten to see all there is to do in the "City of Dreams" with one of my best friends.

Keep Reading... Show less
Featured

a God story.

testimony.

6570
a God story.

many of you have someone in your life you admire the most. a parent, a superhero, a celebrity.

Keep Reading... Show less
Religion

God, What's Next?

What you're probably asking yourself during your season of waiting.

5415
God, What's Next?

We spend most of our lives waiting for something. Maybe you're waiting for a job opportunity to open up, or for a professor to email you back because you procrastinated on your assignment, or maybe you're waiting for the next chapter in your life to start. Whatever the case maybe be for you I want to let you know that your season of waiting is not in vain! It may seem like it but your season of waiting is a crucial part in your walk with Christ. You may not have a walk with Christ and I encourage you to be open to starting a relationship with him but even your time of waiting isn't in vain. Waiting is a hard thing to do but it is so worth it in the end. The Bible even tells us this in Ecclesiastes.

Keep Reading... Show less

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Facebook Comments