An Open Letter To Donald Trump

An Open Letter To Donald Trump

America and the awful orange man

9
Business Insider

I don’t generally like being negative. I truly believe there is so much good in the world that should be focused on.

But this is different. This is Donald Trump. Running for president.

Now, when he first announced his candidacy, I was convinced it was a joke. People all over TV were convinced it was a joke. I didn’t think a serious candidate could get by calling a significant part of our electorate “rapists.” Apparently, some Americans didn’t see it that way.

With every primary victory, my stomach felt a little sicker. I didn’t care that I had to see Trump saying “Mexico will pay for that wall.” Or “knock the crap out of ’em, would ya?” Or “our military is a disaster.” Or even “she’s in the 4 or 5 category.”

What I did care about was parents reporting an increase in bullying. I cared about what it must feel like to turn on the TV and hear that you and your family are criminals or terrorists just because you don’t look like what certain people are used to. Or because you pray differently. What it must feel like to hear that a man who wants to be president thinks you and your family don’t belong here.

I’ve had enough, and I’m ready to tell Trump exactly what I think of him and his campaign.

First of all, Donald, what kind of message to our daughters is it that what they look like will determine their life? What kind of message is it to any person that they are sick or immoral because of who they love or what gender they may identify as? America is working toward being a place of dreams and hopes for everyone, and you want to destroy every bit of progress we’ve made. You may not know much, but you know exactly what you mean by “make America ‘great’ again.”

I mean, words don’t matter, right? Well they certainly seem to matter when they have anything to do with you, but I’m sure that’s just a coincidence.

The first word that comes to mind when I think of you is “disgusting.” Donald, you cannot go five minutes without viciously insulting someone. You cannot go three minutes without lying. And you cannot make it through a single speech without reminding everyone watching what a terrible state our country is in because Obama’s a Muslim and Hillary’s a demon and whatever.

You don’t get to give lectures on morality when you are a rapist, a cheater, a bully, and a charlatan.

Not to mention you are “the voice” of working people the way Fox news is actually “fair and balanced.”

Your university was a fraud that scammed millions of people, most of your businesses are frauds that have taken money from unsuspecting citizens and are now not even really owned or operated by you, and your taxes are a fraud.

This campaign is no different. You don’t really want to be president. You don’t really care about America. Why should people who work for you now expect any better repayment than those in the past?

We clearly cannot even trust you to get a decent spray tan, so why would we let you run our country?

You can bet you will get exactly the repayment you deserve in November.

Signed,

You can’t grab this