Just Because I Live In Florida, It Does Not Mean My Life Is A Constant Vacay

You may vacation here, but I just live here.

18

"No, I don't spend every day beach side chilling."

"No, I don't wake up to see the Gulf every day."

And, "No, I do not go to Disney World every week."

It baffles me how so many people believe that when you live in Florida you do nothing other than go to the beach and explore theme parks all day, when that is not how my life is at all.

I live in a small town right outside of Panama City, which you may have heard has crazy spring breaks and is where Luke Bryan comes and performs on the beaches. It is right on the Gulf of Mexico, and it's a very tourist-driven area. People just love visiting.

People who live in Florida are the same as if you lived in another state. We have jobs, and we have college to get through.

We literally live the same life as others.

Someone snapchatted me the other day, and said, "I am jealous of your life."

I was generally confused, like why?

I don't do anything that's extremely exciting. I do go to the beach when I find time for it. Disney is about six hours from me, so I never go there. There is a pool in my backyard, but I've always had a pool growing up in a different state, so I'm just living an ordinary life in a state where you vacation.

Someone also actually asked me if I ran from alligators on daily. I have NEVER seen a wild gator living here.

Sure, they're around in the rivers and swamps, but I have never seen one, so no, I don't run from gators daily.

Honestly, Florida is a fun place to live.

You meet tons of people from all over the world, you have extremely nice beaches and there are a ton of things to do.

But, I do still have to work.

I don't consider going to the beach a vacay at all, and I still have to submit my assignments on time, just like YOU.

My life is NOT a fairytale. Living in Florida does NOT mean I am on a constant vacation, and I still do average things.

I am an average girl, living in an average town, who does all the same things as you.