You Shouldn't Be Asking People If They've Gotten The COVID-19 Vaccine

It is not only an invasion of privacy, but it also can make people uncomfortable by forcing them to talk about something they don't want to.

14
Photo by cottonbro on Pexels

The COVID-19 vaccine is a very controversial topic in today's society. There are some people that are all for it and are very passionate about it, while others are very against it and refuse to get it. Some may even be on the fence or don't care either way. No matter what side of the fence you're on, it's still not right to ask if someone has received the vaccine or not.

Some people have gotten the vaccine because they have done their research and have made the decision that this is what is best for their health. Others have done their research and have decided that it is best for them and their health to not get the vaccine. They could be choosing to not get the vaccine because of underlying health reasons, because their religion prohibits it, or because their doctor told them that maybe it wasn't the best option for them.

No matter what a person chooses, they have a right to their privacy and their own choice. There is also a stigma surrounding people who don't get the vaccine. If a person says that they haven't gotten the vaccine, people look at them like they have three heads or like they have the plague.

If the reason they haven't gotten the vaccine is because of religious or health reasons, then they would have to explain themselves, which is a further reason to not ask. If a person doesn't want to share their health issues, then this question puts them in even more discomfort.

If someone asks you about your vaccine, you have the right to not answer the question. You don't have to disclose any medical information to others if you don't want to. No one can make you say or discuss anything that you don't want to. If you do choose to ask another person, be fully prepared for them to say "no, I don't want to discuss that with you", because they have every right to.

Next time you go to ask someone about the vaccine, maybe think twice, because you could be putting the person you're asking in a very awkward and uncomfortable position. Every person has a right to their privacy, and they have a right to decide what is best for them and their health without judgment. So next time think, and maybe decide that you don't want to put someone else in a situation like that.