The Art of Exam Procrastination

The Art of Exam Procrastination

A display of time well wasted.

17
unsplash.com

It's around that time of the semester when the first round of exams are coming and students, freshman and seniors alike, are in varying states of panic. Personally, I've been on my A-Game ever since college started and I think I've got a freshman productivity boost that's gonna last me maybe another month or two. Even with that, the sudden realization that exams are right around the corner was like a smack right in the jaw and a wake-up call to the part of me that had taken a back seat since the second semester of senior year.

My inner procrastinator is back, baby, and he's a bigger pain in the ass than ever.

The simple impending reality of exams threw my productivity right out the window and I found myself doing so many other things instead of the studying I definitely should have been doing. Here's just a few.

1. "Naps"

I've never been a napper but as the time crunch becomes more and more apparent I've just really needed some more "sleep" ya know? Definitely not just laying in bed on my phone. No. Definitely not. That would be silly. (Read: yea that's all I do.)

2. Suddenly becoming social

I've taken just about every opportunity to go out and do anything other than study. Food? Heckies yea. Squirrel Watching club? Count me in fam. Engineering job fair? OMW (I'm a kinesiology student sooooo...)

3. Laundry

In the four weeks I've been in college, laundry is something that's been at the back of my mind until Sunday night when I realize that I've got nothing to wear and an 8 a.m. the next day - something I kinda just forget to do

Now though? I've done 3 loads of laundry this week because it was definitely just that important. One load for colors, one load for socks that I'd just happened to forget, and one load just because meh I felt like that one towel could've been cleaner.

4. Memes

There's really no time better to be looking at memes than when you've got much more important things to do, ya know? The art of finding the best of memes to steal is something that is in itself a subsection of procrastination. Only during the most important times are the best memes found. Now if only memes could memorize the anatomical structure of the human body for me...

5. This article

Definitely didn't procrastinate writing this bad boy until the day it was due. Definitely not typing this 20 minutes before I need to be in class. Yay for timely submission of articles!