ariana grande 7 rings

Why Ariana Grande's '7 Rings' Symbolizes Women Empowerment

I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it.

191

After "God Is A Woman" and "Thank U, Next," I was sure I had just found my ultimate favorite song. If you know me, you know that I am simply obsessed with Ariana Grande and her music. Her concerts and recorded soundtracks sound the exact same!

Her "God Is A Woman" hit started off 2019 on a powerful note, debuting as her fourth number 1 hit single on Billboard's Pop Songs charts. On January 19th, "7 Rings" premiered with nearly 15 million views within the first 24 hours.

This female empowerment anthem was inspired by the soundtrack "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. Ariana Grande revealed how the song was dedicated to her 6 best friends after she got drunk at Tiffany's (refer to the first line of the song) and bought herself along with her 6 friends matching engagement rings. On Twitter, she later revealed that there were actually 9 rings, which she bought for her mother and her Nonna later after the song was released.

The whole concept of "7 Rings" comes from a place of inspiring women to be their own source of happiness and to shop with your bffs until you drop. Ariana basically summed this up in her line "Wearing a ring, but ain't gon' be no 'Mrs.'"

Well, Ariana Grande is popular for her heartfelt and meaningful lyrics. Throughout her career, ever since she was red-haired Cat, she's released emotional and memorable tunes which all speak to her personally. "7 Rings" is no different, although it's basically an anthem to how rich she is. We stan a queen.

She said, "Twas a pretty rough day in NYC. My friends took me to Tiffany's. We had too much champagne and I bought us all rings. It was very insane and funny and on the way back to the studio Njomza was 'this gotta be a song,' so we wrote it that afternoon."

In case you haven't watched it already, watch it. Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYh6mYIJG2Y&app=desktop