5 Things Every College Student Should Know

We Aren't In High School Anymore
44

Going to college can be scary and stressful, but you're there for yourself. Here is a short list that every college student should know before entering college, or even during their first year or two.

1. You will be broken out of your comfort zone

Breaking out of your comfort zone is a major thing that happens when you first enter college. Whether you like it or not it will happen. Don’t stress about it. Breaking out of your comfort zone is part of the process and is a good thing!

2. Get Involved

Getting involved is a big thing and is a big part of your college experience. Being involved in many different activities on campus will help you break out of your shell and will ultimately build your resume. You learn many different skills and will make a lot of new friends.

3. College is not just about partying and drinking

Although they say college is the best time of your life, you have to remember the real reason why you are there. You are there to pursue your career and follow your dream, not drink every night and make your liver a hot mess! Yes, C’s get degrees, but you should always strive to do your best and get the grades you deserve.

4. You will meet and do things that you do not like

College is all about the experience. You will meet people you do not like. You will disagree with a lot of people’s opinions. You will begin to not like a lot of people. You will have to do things for school that you absolutely hate doing. Just remember it is all about the experience. Whatever you are doing now and the people you meet is happening for a reason. It will only benefit you in the end.

5. Learn to let things go and do things for yourself

College comes with a lot of responsibility, a lot of stress, and a lot of hard work and effort. You have to remember things are stressful and they will get stressful because college is a lot and puts a lot on your plate. Remember that no matter how stressful things get, you need to breathe and let go. Do things for yourself, not for others. It is ok to do things for other people, but you have to remember to take of yourself and do things for yourself as well. You are there to better yourself, so remember that.

We all understand college is not always what people expect it to be, it is nothing like high school. Learn from these 5 tips and it will make your college experience a little less stressful and a little easier!