10 Reasons Why April Is And Always Will Be The Best Month

It's not just because of the amazing weather.
909

There are twelve months in a year but there is one month that is better than the rest. Can you guess which one? If you said April, you're right! If you didn't say April, well. . . You're wrong. You are probably wondering why you're wrong; you are probably thinking to yourself "there is no way I am wrong! ___ is the best month, not April!" Well, let me explain to you.

1. The birthstone is a diamond.

The diamond is one the hardest substances on Earth. Diamond comes from the Greek word adamas which means "untamable". It is said that diamonds are supposed to bring balance and clarity to anyone who owns one. It also symbolizes eternal love.

2. The flowers of the month are daisies and sweet peas.

The daisy symbolizes innocence and purity while the sweet pea signifies blissful pleasure.

3. There are 3 holidays in April.

There is April Fools Day, Easter, and Earth Day. That is a lot of holidays for one month! April is just extra appreciative!

4. April has the best Zodiac signs.

If you were born between April 1st - April 19th, you are an Aries. (Side note: The Aries Zodiac actually starts March 21st, but that is not important right now). The sign of an Aries is a Ram, which is considered to be a sun (fire) sign and ruled by the planet and Roman God of War: Mars.

If you were born between April 20th - April 30th, you are a Taurus. (Side note: The Aries Zodiac actually ends May 20th, but like I said earlier: not important). The sign of a Taurus is a Bull, which is considered to be an Earth sign ruled by the planet and Roman Goddess of Love: Venus.

5. April is Jazz Appreciation Month.

Jazz is such a beautiful genre of music! It is so calming and exciting at the same time. I am glad that something appreciates Jazz music.

6. April is known by different names.

Aprills means "to open", which the Romans thought was a good fit for April considering this is the month when the trees and flowers begin to bloom. April is also derived from the Latin word aperit which also means "to open". The Greeks named April Aphros, which is named after Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess of Love.

7. Professional baseball starts in April.

Who doesn't love baseball?

8. April has some of the best weather.

April is during the season of Spring, which happens to be the best season. It is not too hot and it is not too cold. You can get a little bit of rain and a bit of sun on the same day and be able to appreciate the rainbows.

9. April has the Coachella Festival.

For those who don't know, the Coachella Festival, usually just known as "Coachella" is a music festival located in Coachella, California. This is about 30 minutes from Palm Springs, California. This music festival brings in people from all over the world. Granted, the festival has gotten a bit lame performer wise as the years go by, but nonetheless, still a cool music festival to go to.

10. April is the month of my birthday.

Now, this may make me a little bias, but aw well. I just so happened to be born in the greatest month ever so consider me lucky!