To My New Apartment Mates, I Hope You Don't Mind...

New year, new friends.

28
Good Fon

I know you guys aren’t the sappy types, but I wanted to just give a little bit of my thoughts for our new year together.

I’m so excited to be sharing my first experience of apartment living with you ladies! We are going to have a great year together and learn lots about each other and the world, and how to live as adults. In our first few days living together, I already can tell things are going to go well for us! So far, we get along well and keep each other laughing, and we’re really good at having way too much stuff!

I want you guys to know that I'm glad to be living with you, and I'm looking forward to becoming really close! I hope to learn what your favorite things are, and what you like to watch, and I hope you’re looking forward to learning about me too. I hope you don’t mind my obsession with Disney and Broadway, or my dancing like a fool. I hope you don’t mind my need to act like your mom away from home, because I want to make sure you’re always safe and healthy. I hope you don’t mind my very slim cooking abilities, or my readiness to learn more. I hope you don’t mind my mess, or the way I keep my stuff-even though it may look clean and put together now, it will become a mess later. I hope you don’t mind the way I complain when it gets to the heart of the Binghamton winter we’ll have to face together, and I hope you don’t mind that my comfy winter clothes look fresh out of a catalog for bums. I hope you don’t mind me telling the same stories over and over, or laughing too long at something that wasn’t even funny to begin with. More than anything, I hope you don’t mind if I consider you some of my very good and close friends by the end of the year (or maybe even sooner).

I'm excited to share these new experiences as we start our junior year off together. I’m excited to learn to cook new things and how to live on our own (like how to clean a bathroom or repair our broken drawers). I'm excited to hear about your classes and majors, and the people you encountered in your days. I hope that we share many laughs and fun adventures together in our next year of living together, and I hope we find the answers to all things that may bother our brains, like how Austin didn’t notice it was Sam in “A Cinderella Story”, or like how far is too far to walk on a hot Binghamton day? I hope you know that you can come to me with anything and I'll always do my best to help. If you ever want to talk or watch something new or bounce ideas off me, I'm always here and you can come to me whenever. Whether you need help with a surprise for a friend, or a ride to the store, I'm always glad to be able to provide my assistance whenever I can.

I'm sure junior year will be tough and tricky, so I'm sorry in advance for any tensions or crazy emotions that may arise, but I look forward to making brand new memories together, and experiencing this new and exciting year full of new and exciting opportunities with you! Thank you for welcoming me into your friendship, and thank you in advance for everything you will show and help me with this semester, and for all the things that we get to experience together! It’s going to be a great year, and I'm excited to share it with you ladies! Here's to a new year, full of laughs, memories, and a bunch more photos that are hopefully better than the one we took on our first real day together.

Love,
Lauren