To Anyone Who Was Raped Or Sexually Assaulted

You are an amazing person who has faced a terrible experience. You are not alone, and I am listening.
3

To anyone who has been raped, sexually assaulted, or felt unsafe,

In recent news, there has been a rape victim who has shared her story and explained her experience from start to end. This being said, I want to start off by saying that one case that has been shared does not represent all of those whose have not been shared, but it does give this terrible subject the attention it needs.

First things first, congratulations for making it through another day after your horrible experience. I can not imagine the pain you have gone through, but I want to applaud all of you for getting up and getting through another day.

To those who have shared their story, thank you. Thank you for having the courage to stand up to your offender and remind them what they did was terribly wrong and that they deserve the punishment they are given.

Although I want to thank you for so many things, I also want to apologize. I want to apologize for those who were never able to share their story, to those whose stories were not believed, to those whose offenders did not receive the punishment they deserved and to those who could not carry on after their horrible experience. I want to apologize that one major case in the news is finally making a very often situation a big deal again. I want to apologize that we as a country do not stand up for victims in any sexual situation more often. I am sorry we do not raise awareness as often as we should.

I want to remind you that there are people who stand up for you on a daily basis, whether you know it or not. What you have gone through has made you into a strong, inspiring individual and you deserve all the happiness in the world. I am so proud of all of you, and you should be proud of yourself for getting through this.

Love,

A Girl Who Is Incredibly Proud