My 5 Most Anticipated Albums of 2018

My 5 Most Anticipated Albums of 2018

Albums to look forward to this year.

110
My 5 Most Anticipated Albums of 2018
Flickr

As a big music fan, one of the best parts of the new year is knowing I'm going to hear new music all year. With exceptional albums from the likes of Kendrick Lamar, SZA, Bruno Mars, Donald Glover, and Jay-Z, the bar is set high for 2018. Here are some of my most anticipated albums this year.

Tory Lanez - Memories Don't Die

Tory was supposed to drop his sophomore album summer 2017, but due to whatever complications, the album is still not released. Tory released singles from the album but still has not given any info on a release date. Tory fans have been waiting since early 2017 for the summer release, but now, with the wait being longer, he has no choice but to deliver.

Drake - TBA

In the very last line on "More Life," Drake rapped "maybe getting back to my regular life will humble me, I'll be back in 2018 to give you the summary," and Drake did just that. After releasing" More Life, "Drake took the year off from releasing music. He went on tour and managed to stay out of headlines. So this year, Drake is definitely going to deliver. There hasn't been any information or leaks on the album, but I'm looking forward to it because who doesn't want to hear new Drake?

Earl Sweatshirt - TBA

Earl is the type of artist that if he doesn't want to be seen or heard from, he'll do just that. Since his last release in 2015, "I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside," Earl has only released snippets and performed unreleased tracks at live shows. He is not the type to post on Instagram all the time, or do any interviews. Only recently did us Earl fans find out officially that he has been working on a new album and it's on the way. Earl was in a dark place recording IDLSIDGO, but since then, he has been living a more positive lifestyle. So it'll be interesting to hear what topics will be brought up on this project.

Travis Scott - Astroworld

With the run Travis Scott has been on since last year, it's hard to believe his last solo album, "Birds In the Trap Sing Brian McKnight, "was released in 2016. With hits from that album as well as other hit singles in 2017, Travis has been getting radio play and love from everybody. His collab tape with Quavo, "Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho," has gotten mixed reviews, but Travis is known to deliver on his own albums. So I can't wait to hear what "Astroworld" will sound like.

Cardi B - TBA

If you don't know who Cardi B is after this year, you actually might live under a rock. Cardi has had a huge year off the success of "Bodak Yellow" and this album can really make it or break it for her. Her debut has to be solid for her to be taken seriously as a music artist. She already has the numbers and the country behind her for support, so the only thing that can deter Cardi's career is dropping a bad album.