Answers to the Most Frequent Questions College Students Get

You start college believing you know everything, but soon realize you can't even answer questions about yourself. Do not get me started on Thanksgiving because the number of times family asks questions you barely can answer is ridiculous.

52
https://www.pexels.com/photo/people-looking-at-laptop-computer-1595391/

College is not only the place where you cram information from about five classes in your head but it is also the place where you answered everything unanswered question about yourself. Basically, college is your prep for adulting and this means every family member and friend you have not heard from in ages will be asking about it. Below I provide answers for those family member and friends when you do not know how to answer since I have been in the situation countless of times.

1. How are your classes?

Honestly, there is no one answer because it is a love and hate relationship. I will not be able to tell how they went until after the exams because I never truly how my classes are going in college. I could feel good about all my assignments and fail my exams, which means I fail the course, or feel so-so about the other assignments and ace the exams. College is a gamble. My feelings towards my classes are a gamble because they depend on the day and the task.

No one will not have a good answer since there is no way to know until the end of the courses.

2. Did you gain the Freshman 15?

The infamous Freshman 15 question. For some reason, everyone believes, as a college student, you will gain a bunch of weight before coming home. That just is not true and depends on how that person reacts to stress and life on their own. However, family and friends tend to be nosey and see if you gained the weight.

In my opinion, the question should be, is that any of their business? So what if I did or didn't? How about they ask about my mental stability instead?

This one is a hard question to tackle because my only response would be to clap back because my weight should not be the topic of discussion since it does not affect my day to day life. If you do not want to respond or comment, redirect the question. My favorite way to do that is by either shoving whatever food I have in my mouth or by bringing up something else school-related.

3. Are you getting enough sleep?

"What is sleep? I'm supposed to be getting EIGHT HOURS?! You're sure naps don't help?" is immediately what pops into all college students' heads, including mine.

Sleep is hard to come by in college. Among doing assignments for class, participating in extracurricular activities, going to work, and going to parties, I sleep when I can. If you expect me to do all that while figuring out who I am as an adult and get enough to sleep, you have me messed up. I know naps do not help my sleep schedule but I barely have a daily schedule. I AM TRYING, OKAY?

5. How are you balancing it all?

I"m not. I am juggling it all as if I am a beginner juggler. I complete all my tasks but there is always something else for me to do and it just continues to pile. Basically, I get everything done but I have no idea how.

There are few college students who truly know how to balance their work, the rest of us have no idea how we're doing it all and doing it well.

6. Are you seeing anyone? 

I barely have enough time to look in the mirror much less to be seeing someone. I'm in college, why do I need to start thinking about marriage? You want me to have kids before 30? I'm barely going to have a career at 30. Why re you rushing me? I'm in college and wanna live my life.

College is about self-exploration and prep for the real world. I am not #adulting yet.