Another Week, Another Shocking Tribal Council

One Survivor gets their torch snuffed.

7
Parade

The Queen has been slain! After 94 days on Survivor, Sandra Diaz-Twine has gotten her torch snuffed. Sandra is the ultimate game changer. Some loved her and some hated her, but you can not deny she is one of, if not the best player to ever play Survivor. What led to Sandra's demise was a tribe swap and one can only think of what would've happened if that swap never even happened.

While Sandra did not, benefit from the tribe swap, someone that did was Aubry. Aubry was fresh off of losing her only other ally on her tribe in J.T. and things were not looking good for her, however the swap happened and she ends up on a tribe with Brad Culpepper, Hali, Sierra, Cirie, Troyzan, and Michaela. There are a few options I think she could really go with here. Tryozan, who also needed the swap, seemed to form a pretty good bond with Culpepper. Culpepper also has Sierra in her back pocket. She could go with them and they would have the majority. Her and Michaela could stick together and bring in Hali and Cirie. It is going to be very interesting where Cirie ends up in this equation as well. Cirie could go with Culpepper or she could very well go with the women to form Black Widow Brigade 2.0. There is no telling really what is going to happen with this tribe, but one thing is for sure, it is uncertain

The new Nuku Tribe is made up of Jeff Varner, Sandra, Ozzy, Tai, Andrea, Sarah, and Zeke. Immediately right off the bat, Zeke and Ozzy say that Sandra is going to be the one that has to go. However, they know that Sandra is not a two time winner for no reason. Zeke devises a plan that they have to tell Sandra and Varner that Tai is the one that they are targeting because he always has an idol (which they are right because he found one at the beginning of the episode before the swap). So Zeke gives that information to Varner who is just loving what he is hearing. Zeke says that he also sees Varner as a potential ally moving forward in the game, but not until Sandra is gone. Varner goes and tells Sandra about the plan and she clearly is very optimistic about this.

When Zeke started this plan, I thought it was way too early to start naming names. They still had an Immunity Challenge to play and that was a lot of time to put the target on The Queen. What is really funny though, is that while this is all going on, Tai finds ANOTHER Idol in the same spot at Nuku's beach as he did at Mana. Now he has two Idols. Tai is already not the best player, but him having two Idols is going to be very dangerous for someone.

One person that was left out of these tribes was Debbie. When the tribes drew new buffs, she got an empty envelope. She was informed by Jeff that she would be going to Exile Island and would join whichever tribe lost a member at the next Immunity Challenge. To her pleasant surprise though, Exile Island was really a luxourious Yacht that had food and beverages as well other comforts. One comfort in particular, was the winner of Survivor: Caramoan, John Cochran, coming to visit Debbie and serve as a sounding board for Debbie. Debbie seemed way too over confident and Cochran talked that up in the confessionals, which I found was really funny. The advice he gives Debbie is to just play the egos. I think it will be impossible for Debbie to do this, however it is good advice from Cochran. He then pulls out a box where Debbie can pick between three advantages she wants. She can have a fake hidden immunity idol kit, an extra vote, or an advantage for her tribe at the next Immunity Challenge. While I really wanted her to pick the fake idol kit, she picked the extra vote which honestly is probably the safest bet even though it really hasn't worked out for anyone in recent history.

After being totally blown out of the water by Mana, Nuku is going to tribal council. Sandra is still very worried about what is going on. She even says that this might be the first time she has ever felt like something was going to go wrong on Survivor. So she pitches to Ozzy, Sarah, and Andrea that they need her. She says that once they merge she can be the ears and eyes and will look out for them. She also says Tai is very dangerous because of his connection with Debbie and Aubry. When the three reconnect on their own, they are wowed by the skill of Sandra. Sarah said she just grooms you and she just sucks you in. Ozzy even says that he was almost sucked in. He does agree though that they need to keep an eye on the Kaoh Rong 3. Meanwhile Tai is getting super paranoid, No one is talking to him and I am sure that is because people were trying to make it look like to Sandra and Varner that Tai was being isolated and that he was going home. With a player like Tai, you can not leave him by himself. He will get lost in his thoughts and you will be the one going home because Tai flipped on you. He approaches Varner and Ozzy and resassures that Sandra is the one going home tonight. Well of course Ozzy is not happy about this, but Varner goes and tells Sandra. She says she is going to go into Tribal Council and make Tai Enemy #1.

This Tribal Council was just like every other one this season, crazy. Sandra is acting like she is going home tonight and this honestly is starting to scare people. Then Jeff starts asking Tai questions and all hell breaks lose. He starts to become even more paranoid than he already was and The Queen recognizes this. She says that if Tai whispers a name in her ear, then thats who she will vote for as long as its not her. She then tells Varner. They recognize that they only have three people and need four to make something happen. It comes out that Ozzy is the name that Tai whispered in Sandra's ear. People start to freak out and Sandra whispers to Andrea that her and Varner will vote with them to get out Tai. Sarah lays into Tai and so does Ozzy. Things on the surface don't seem to be looking good for Tai. I was sure Tai was going to play the Idol on himself and possibly Sandra because of just who he is as a player, but it didn't happen this time and The Queen was slain. It was pretty cool though seeing everyone applaud her out of Tribal Council. That will be a moment I don't think I will ever forget.

You have to give the MVP award tonight to Zeke. That guy came up with this whole plan of getting Sandra out and that's exactly what happened. He orchestrated what no one has ever done in the history of Survivor. I think Zeke might have really gotten the ball rolling for his game, but for now I think he needs to fall back into the shadows until the merge and let other people become the targets. As far as Sandra goes, she did play differently this season than she had in previous seasons, but I think she had to. Richard Hatch said something a few weeks ago that really stuck out to me. If someone played the exact same game the second or third time they played, then it would be a huge red flag to the other players. You have to change your game so that people don't know what to expect from you. Sandra did just that. She survived Tribal after Tribal when there was no way she should've. She got out Tony and J.T. The move she pulled with J.T. was incredible. She ran the game until she was voted out. Before the season, I had her at about number 3 on my Winners rankings, but now she is at the top of the list. No one will ever be able to replicate what Sandra has accomplished.

Moving forward, it will be interesting to see where Debbie fits in with the Nuku tribe. She was on a tribe at the beginning with Cirie, Andrea, Sarah,Ozzy, and Zeke. She also has that connection with Tai. Ozzy also could be very upset about Tai throwing out his name at Tribal. We've seen it before from Ozzy so don't be surprised if next week's episode starts with a big blow up. This could be Varner's saving grace as well. The fact that this is only Episode 5 too makes me so happy. We still have a long ride ahead of us and I am sure it will be just as crazy as it already has been.