Annnoying Things Couples Love To Do

Annnoying Things Couples Love To Do

You definitely hate all of these if you're single.

401
Annnoying Things Couples Love To Do
A113 Animation

Whether you are single or in a committed relationship, we all can appreciate the wonders of love. Sometimes, you look around at the happy couples you know in your everyday life, and it fills you with hope and warm-fuzzy feelings. However, it is also probably true that you also observe some very annoying things about the couples around you, whether at school, work, or just out in public. So here is a list of several annoying/ gross tendencies you might have noticed about some of the couples you know.

1. Making out with gum.

I can’t even explain how gross I find this. I don’t care how much you love your boyfriend—you can get your own stick of gum. When you really think about it, making out on its own is pretty disgusting. It’s basically just one horrific mashing together of saliva and tongues. Add a lumpy, chewy piece of gum into the equation, and you have yourself the most unappealing display of affection ever. Just do yourself a favor and kiss your SO sans Hubba Bubba.

2. Posting pictures of them kissing each other.

I hate to burst your love-bubble, but the world is not a romantic movie in which the two of you are the stars. It’s great that you love to kiss your girlfriend, but there is a time and a place, and that place is not Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Unless you have at least a million Instagram followers, you probably aren’t famous or interesting enough for people to want to see you sucking face with someone on your feed. Beyonce and Jay-Z? Sure. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds? Absolutely. The girl from my biology and her boyfriend? Yeah, I’ll pass on that one.

3. Constantly talking about their significant other.

We get it. You’re super into your girlfriend/boyfriend. And you should be really obsessed with your significant other—why date them if you aren’t? But if you are constantly randomly bringing up them up in conversations without a cue, it can get boring and a little annoying. You should be enough of an individual that you have other things to talk about. Sure, if someone asks about your partner, go right ahead. If not, try not to flood the conversation with stories of your significant other.

4. Making out in movie theaters.

So you’re telling me you paid $12 to see the biggest movie of the year in a theater and you’re going to spend the entire film with your face glued to your girlfriend’s face? Gross! Not only is it a waste of money but people can definitely see you and it’s creeping them out. There are kids and old people all around you. I know you love each other, but maybe hold off until the end credits.

5. Wearing matching clothes.

Unless you’re taking picture for your junior prom or on the same rec basketball team, please do not wear matching couple’s outfits. In the abstract, it may seem cute and fun, but it always just ends up looking awkward and cringey. You don’t need cutesy T-shirts with silly sayings or color-coordinating to be a good couple. You can do that without out any lace or frills.

6. Too much PDA at school.

It doesn’t matter if you were voted cutest couple four years running for the yearbook—your peers do not want to see the two of you making out in a stairwell or holding hands in the middle of biology. Not only does it make everyone else feel bad about themselves, it’s also just completely inappropriate. There are teachers, principals, janitors, and counselors all over the place, and they are all judging the kids who can’t keep their hands off each other. Teachers gossip, and the last thing you want is to be the subject of their idle chatter because you’ve been too lovey-dovey with your boyfriend in the hallway. Make school the time for learning and friends, and save your personal life for after the bell rings.

7. Fighting in front of friends.

OK, it’s not like anyone expects your relationship to be perfect, and it’s perfectly normal to have rocky periods sometimes. But you should absolutely not involve your friends in your relationship problems too much. Occasional seeking of advice or complaining about your SO is understandable, but if you start to try to make mutual friends pick sides or get friends to intervene in a fight, it gets awkward for everyone. It is also never okay to start a fight with your partner while you are out with friends. Even if they are making you extremely angry, just wait to handle the issue in behind closed doors.