To The Boyfriend Who Made A Better Me

To The Boyfriend Who Made A Better Me

I would not be where I am without you pushing me to be a better version of myself.
17

Dear Tommy,

June 5, 2017 marks two years being with you, but it feels like it's been much longer. I can't believe it's only been two years, but these two years have been some of the best years of my life. I know everyone says that, but it's especially true for me.

When we first met, I was still upset from a past relationship. I was weak and needed help. You were there. You saved me and took me away from a dark place that the past took me to. With you, I forget about all of my troubles. I constantly have a smile on my face.

I've learned so many things just from dating you. I've learned to be selfless and to always lend a helping hand. I've learned to be more confident in myself. I've learned to not fear following my dreams. Not only have you changed my life romantically, you've changed every little aspect of my life. I would not be where I am without you constantly pushing me to be a better version of myself.

One of the biggest things I've learned these past two years is to always cherish what we have. What we have is special and I've never been happier with anyone else. I was scared to jump into a new relationship after a long but failed one, but it's easy with you.

The lesson I would like to share with everyone is to be confident and have faith in your relationship. These are just some of the key ingredients to a successful relationship. When we first started dating, I felt doubtful and kept comparing you to past relationships. But as soon as I stopped doing that, everything perfectly fell into place. Don't let the past affect your future. Grow from the past, and love the future. I'm growing and loving every minute with you. Thank you for everything so far. I can't wait to see what else is in store for us.

Love,

Megan