Anne Rice and our "Brat Prince" Lestat Reborn.

"In my dreams, I saw a city fall into the sea. I heard the cries of thousands. I saw flames that outshone the lamps of heaven. And all the world was shaken . . ." --Anne Rice, Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis

145
vampirechronicles.wikia.com

Our beloved has come to us once more, this time his adventure is in the kingdom of Atalantaya, the lost realms of Atlantis. Our hero, our lover, has more than just this adventure in his dark and mysterious heart. On Saturday, November 26 of 2016 Lestat’s creator, the goddess Anne Rice made an announcement that made all of us weak in the knees and swoon for our dark prince, our Lestat.

Anne Rice and her son Christopher Rice are working together to bring the “The Vampire Chronicles” to the realm of the small screen. Anne and Christopher are the executive producers and have control over how the series, this allows us to see Lestat and the rest of the immortal world in detail compared to that of the movies. “Over the years you all have told me how much you want to see a “Game of Thrones” style faithful rendering of this material, and how much you want for the series to remain in my control” (Rice, 2016). The series is set to start with “The Vampire Lestat,” I am guessing that it is going to start at the beginning of Lestat being human and then being reborn into our “Brat Prince.” According to Anne Rice’s interview with Entertainment Weekly, “The Vampire Lestat” maybe be two seasons long, which looks like, if all goes well, “The Vampire Chronicles” is going to be with us for some time. The stories dealing with Lestat can last many seasons, if you add in the rest of the stories in the series and any new Lestat stories such has the new one “Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis” we are looking at many seasons for many years.

The networks that can work are Netflix, HBO, Starz, and Showtime. With people binge watching Netflix is great, but then we are left with wanting more and having to wait a year to see our Dark Prince once again. Is waiting a year worth it, or waiting weekly for a new episode help keep people motivated, something for them to look forward to every week, and to talk about around the water cooler for months on end?

Lestat graced his presence on the silver screen in “Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles” in 1994 starring Tom Cruise, and in “Queen of the Damned” starring Stuart Townsend in 2002.

Who’s going to be cast in these roles? During Anne Rice’s interview with Entertainment Weekly,

Anne mentioned that the cast has to be able to “pull off playing an immortal.” Louis has to have “Great beauty, ” and Anne looks towards Matt Bomer to play the role of Louis.

For the part of Marius, Anne would like to see Matthew MacFadyen.

At this time, we are not sure who will be cast in the roles, but to all of you who have fallen victim to the charms of Lestat and his crew, who would you like to see in the roles of our beloved, and those we loath, immortals and mortals?

Are you all excited to see the adventures of Lestat and his gang come alive on the small screen? What are you hoping to see come to light? What details of the books do you hope will make it into the series?