A Look At The World Of Avatar Opening At Disney's Animal Kingdom

The rides and more that await you starting May 27, 2017.

46
Diszine

Coming on May 27, 2017, Disney's Animal Kingdom will be adding Pandora: World of Avatar to their plethora of attractions. Pandora offers multiple rides and attractions such as the "Flight of Passage," which takes you on a first-person flight on the back of a Mountain Banshee to get an incredible view of the beautiful landscape. This ride will be similar to "Soarin" in that it will take guests on a hyper-realistic journey through the use of a screen and some special effects. Here is a behind-the-scenes look into the ride:

Na'vi River Journey is another new ride coming in May. The River Journey is a gentle boat ride through the Valley of Mo'ara.

Guests will float through various caves filled with bioluminescent plants and eventually meet the audio-animatronic, Shaman of Songs, who possesses a link with the life force of the rainforest and demonstrates this connection to guests through music.

The Valley of Mo'ara is the main area for guests to explore, play, shop, and eat.

Some small attractions built into the Valley of Mo'ara are the bioluminescent plants that come to life at night, a drum circle for guests to interact with and play their own music, Na'vi totems, and Wilderness Explorer challenges for children to discover their inner adventurer.

Also available are dining options that offer drinks and food that don't stray from the mythical abstractness of the World of Avatar.

The Pongu Pongu Lounge is the best way to get an interesting and refreshing beverage after a long day in the sun. Pongu Pongu in the language of the Na'vi means, "Party Party" and that's exactly the vibe given from these strange concoctions.

This location will be open in May of 2017 and serves both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.

Satu'li Canteen is the main food spot for Pandora inspired meals.

Just like Pongu Pongu, the Satu'li Canteen features dining options that can be found nowhere else! This dining experience is casual and quick for those looking to get right back out into the park. Just like most dining options around all of the parks, a souvenir cup called the Satu’li Canteen Flute Flask can be purchased as a park reminder.

The top picture is their Vegetable Steamed Curry Pods and the bottom picture is the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse. Although the Satu'li Canteen is not open yet, it is evident that all meals and desserts will be made to represent the World of Avatar and its unique style. Get a look at the menu here.

Shopping is also available at Pandora: World of Avatar. Windtraders is the perfect spot to grab a nature-inspired souvenir. Windtraders offers merchandise ranging from plush toys, science experiment kits, and apparel to special Na'vi artifacts.