I'm Angry At Amy Sherman-Palladino

I'm Angry At Amy Sherman-Palladino

A great show does not deserve a terrible ending.
4

Over Thanksgiving break, instead of spending time with my family watching football and eating turkey, I cocooned in my bed with multiple blankets and bowls of popcorn, my laptop screen inches from my face, and "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" constantly streaming.

I had been waiting for this since I finished the OG "Gilmore Girls" a few years ago. I binge watched the revival with intense urgency. Not only was I excited about watching it, but I wanted to finish before all the basic witches on Twitter, Facebook, and Odyssey spoiled it for me. Most of the time when I watch a show, I already know a lot about what's going to happen: "Gossip Girl," "Glee," even the OG "Gilmore Girls" were all spoiled for me. But not "A Year in the Life." I refused to let that happen.

So, after closing myself off from the rest of the world and refusing to look at ANYTHING "Gilmore Girls" related on the Internet until I finished it myself, I finally reached the final four words without a single spoiler. And I was so mad.

I don't know how else to explain my emotions after that final moment other than mad. I was mad at Amy Sherman Palladino for throwing this at us with no promise of a follow-up. I was mad at the cast and crew for agreeing to such a cliffhanger. I was even mad at Rory, a fictional character, for Pete's sake!

Now that it's been a few days and my initial rage has cooled slightly, I still feel pretty upset and disappointed. I mean, I waited years for this revival, desperate to know what became of my favorite characters even after a perfectly conclusive and satisfying ending to the original show, and now I probably will never get to know what happens to them after THIS?

Amy Sherman Palladino, if you're out there somewhere, don't waste your time coming up with new shows. Instead, give us an actual ENDING to the masterpiece you already created. Because right now, you've left a lot of fans like me seething. Absolutely seething. A great show does not deserve a terrible ending.