Angels are Meant For Heaven

Angels are Meant For Heaven

A letter to a true warrior.

12
Angels are Meant For Heaven
Facebook

My dear friend,

You were so young. 17 years old is when your life just begins. Junior year of high school is such an amazing time. It’s a time when you are supposed to be getting ready for college, finding first loves, and prepping for prom. You should be focused on the SATs and college entrance exams, not fighting for your life.

But as the saying goes: God only brings home the best of the best. And he chose you this time. It was a year-long battle and you were loved the whole way. Your funeral was truly a humbling experience. Seeing so many people there who loved you and would miss you made me amazed that I got to know you like I did. I love you so much and was proud to be your friend in the little time I had to get to know you in person. You will always be my angel and a shining symbol of selflessness in the face of hardships.

It’s been four years. Four long years and so much time lost. You should be graduating from college next year and starting a life of your own. But instead, you are watching your friends doing that from heaven. I miss you so much. I wish I could talk to you in person and share experiences. Tell you about my college experience, my new friends and even the boys at my school. The last "Hunger Game" movie came out this year and I cried so hard for you because I know you would have loved it as much as I did.

I know you are watching me from above. You were the best stage manager and so supportive. I felt like I was getting to know you much better through the plays and musicals. I made you a blanket and you looked so cuddly in the picture and happy. I loved getting that picture from you on Christmas morning. I know I will see you again someday and we will embrace as if it was just yesterday when I saw you.

Not a day goes by that I don’t miss you. But the physical ache is less. Somedays I do cry a bit. I have moments when I say, “She would be so proud of me.” And those thoughts carry me through. I wish I could hug you in person and see you again. But I know you are happy, healthy and with me all the time in spirit. You are always shining down on me and your other friends with a smile.

Love always,

Your friend still missing you…