To Those Who Don't Take Their Own Advice

People run to you for your excellent advice, so start running to yourself for some, too!
496

Dear Friends Who Never Listen To Themselves,

You are the person someone comes to when in crisis, whether it is family problems or a post argument with a significant other. They come to you for your thoughts and hopefully the answers to all their problems. That's the thing though. It's the answer to their problems. When you are in full on crisis mode, you do the complete opposite of what you have told others. This is a classic case of not taking your own advice.

After careful consideration, you decide to do all the wrong things and wonder why nothing is working out in your favor, but your friends lives are going smoothly. What is wrong with this picture? The answer lies within you. You need to start keeping in mind what you are saying when giving others advice, for when you might be in the same situation.

It's a funny feeling realizing when you didn't take your own advice. Like when you tell your best friend to dump that guy because he doesn't treat her like the beautiful human being she is, yet you stay with the same guy who refuses to get a job and tells you that you should lose some weight. Whoever you are, whether you are the person who runs for advice or gives out advice like free candy, always remember to listen to your own advice! It could be as simple as don't take your phone in the bathroom with you or to remember that you don't need anyone to make you happy. Just always remember these things in the back of your mind when you are looking for the same kind of advisement.

I know anyone who is guilty of not taking their own advice, knows that they are doing it. I am very aware of the fact that I do it, and with time we will all learn to help ourselves, while we help others. Good luck with listening to yourself, you'll be glad you did.

Sincerely,

A Girl Who Does The Opposite Of What She Should Do