An Open Letter to the Writer with Writer's Block

"It's not so bad when you don't have it anymore"
0

Hey you,

Yes, you. I'm writing this letter to you because you're sitting there and you have no idea what to write. You want to get the words out, but you can't find them in your mind. Perhaps there are just too many words in there and you don't know how to put them into a logical order. Maybe your brain is just so fried that you can't even comprehend the words that you wish to say. There's probably just been so much going on lately that you just don't have the time to collect your thoughts and make them make sense.

You, I'm writing this for you. You're upset because it seems like the words just aren't flowing off of your fingers today. It seems like you're reaching for the sky just to get something out of them. I'm here to tell you that that's OK. Everyone has these days. It's going to get better and you're going to write better next time you sit down.

I can't begin to explain how strong you are for even being a writer. You do something that is hard for a long of people to do, and that's put their feelings into words. Writers are a different breed of human. They know how to take a moment, capture it, and give that picture the thousand words that it deserves. If sometimes you fall short of a thousand words, that's OK too.

I also wanted to let you know that I get these days too, and we all do. We all open our notebooks or our laptops and we stare at that blank page for moments and moments. We get sidetracked, we come back, and there's still nothing. We all understand each other and that's what makes us a community.

So hey, if you're having trouble writing that article, or that paper, or even just writing in your diary; it's OK. Sometimes there just isn't words to describe a certain feeling, and that's what we call writer's block. It happens. We get over it, and then we come out on top and get a top article, an A, or we just move on to the next day. Writer's block is the worst, but it ends.

Also, whatever's going on in your life that has you at a loss for words, I hope it gets better. I hope that whatever you're stressing about goes away. I hope that whatever has you in a funk stops being funky. I hope that you have a wonderful day and that tomorrow gets even better for you.

It's funny how writer's block can be healed by just writing jumbled words that are in your mind. Sometimes, jumbled words start to make sentences and those sentences are something that you can look back on and think, "Hey, that wasn't so bad," because now you can see how your brain has processed the millions of thoughts, or no thoughts that you thought you had.

-Writer's block isn't so bad (when you don't have it anymore)