To The Girl That Doesn't Feel Pretty Enough, Yes, You Are

You don't have to be skinny to be pretty.

137

With all the technology that has been advancing and social media growing it is hard to not see what everyone else is doing, what everyone else is wearing, etc. Girls now have to grow up constantly worrying about what photo to post, or what new clothes to buy, what trend to follow. It has become hard for girls to be their own personality.

They are constantly being looked at and they know it.

If you are even a pound over the common weight you feel bad about yourself, even if you are five pounds lighter than the common weight you feel bad. No matter how hard you try you never feel pretty enough. You put makeup just to go to class. You beg your parents to buy you the hundred dollar shoes so you fit in. You use the photo editing app to make your pictures look better. You starve yourself just to shave those five pounds before spring break.

We all have tried these things to match everyone's perspective the perfect girl.

However, we don't need to. Who cares if you get that boys attention at the party because of what you're wearing. Who cares if you have the right clothes or the right make-up. Who cares what caption you post with your picture. Being pretty doesn't have to be about what is on the outside.

Your personality is beautiful.

You are wonderfully made. You are special no matter what. Your intelligence. Your beliefs. Your personality. Your culture. Your style. Your confidence. Is what makes you be you. Not what someone wants you to be not. What someone wants you to wear. Not how someone wants you to act.

Be yourself and be loved.

Be the person that you want to be. Be the person that doesn't need acceptance to be happy. Don't worry about what looks back at you in the mirror and worry about what who you want to see. Don't let dirty remarks and mean words bring you down. The small victories are the best. It doesn't matter what the person next to you looks like. All that matters is how you view yourself.

You can do anything you believe.

No matter what anyone says you can do and be anything you want. Doesn't matter what you look like or what you wear. It doesn't matter what you post on social media. It doesn't matter what other people think. Be who you are not what everyone else wants you to be.

You are beautiful no matter what. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Love yourself and be who you are. Don't let anyone treat you any less than what you are worth.