An Open Letter to the Fear of Regrets
Lifestyles

An Open Letter To The Fear Of Regret

An open letter dedicated to the fear of regrets that I hope can motivate people's dreams.

480
An Open Letter To The Fear Of Regret
Pexels.com

To those who are afraid of regrets,

There are complexities about what a 'regret' means to every person. Maybe it means something that you did that worked, you lost, but wished you had back. Maybe it was the person you had in your life, friend or love interest alike, that made everything worth it, and what you had meant something.

Whatever memory associated with the term 'regret,' it shouldn't be anything to stop or slow down your life now.

There were many things you could've changed or done to keep, alter, etc. a certain event in your life, but at some point, we have to move on. The fear of regrets isn't anything to be ashamed of, in fact, it should be more motivation to do the things you want right now in life.

There were things I never thought would be possible nor obtainable. But I took a look at not doing these goals as I thought, 'Will this be something I regret five or even ten years from now?' Usually, if I answer, 'yes,' I try to make this goal a reality. I'm speaking of goals or things that are positive pushes in the right direction. No worries of what other people are doing, but rather the thought of feeling so accomplished and fulfilled for you because you wanted it.

I am not guaranteeing that all regrets will be left behind, but I am sure that if you look at what truly drives your passion, the hesitation to do what you want becomes insignificant.

Even to the person who simply doesn't believe in the whole concept of regrets, is it not the same to tell you to at least try to put forth energy into doing what makes you feel complete?

Think of all of the chances you'll miss living on the belief that a regret is a fleeting idea. Maybe it is, but knowing that you at least tried counts for something, right?

No matter the stance on what 'regret' means in your life, I only hope for everyone to slip through their window of opportunity so they can say, 'I tried it, it didn't work, but I feel good about it. I regret nothing.'

May regrets be less of your worries.

Cheers,

Jessica