An Open Letter To A Piece Of Crap

An Open Letter To A Piece Of Crap

Thanks for showing me exactly what I don't need.
276

You came into my life at the perfect time. I was vulnerable, had just gotten over someone and I was finally ready to try again. If only I knew that you'd turn on me faster than I could breathe.

Things started out slow and every day I grew to like you more and more. Everything you would say to me, true or not, was exactly what I wanted to hear and I was slowly, but surely, starting to think that this could end up actually being something.

The thing I liked the most about you is that you could say the sweetest things to me out loud, not just over text. It made me feel like you genuinely felt what you said because you were saying it out loud. I guess that actions really do speak louder than words, because there's no way you can turn on someone you supposedly care about in less than ten hours. Unless, of course, playing with my head had been your plan all along, and if that's the case, I hope you run off the side of a highway into a tree.

Phone calls lasted for hours late into the night, and after we would hang up, I'd stay up for hours just thinking about you. It was hard to think about anything else and I was really beginning to feel something towards you. I was stupidly starting to think that this could be the real deal.

We'd both been hurt before and I was treading cautiously because I was nowhere near ready for the pain of another heartbreak, but what you ended up doing to me was so much worse. You just left with no explanation.

Unfortunately (for me, at least), things ended about as quickly as they started and you left me with little to no explanation, and no apology whatsoever. I was crushed, confused and frustrated. I just couldn't take any more heartbreak, and you pretty much pushed me over the edge.

So, I hope you're happy to give up a girl that would have given you the world so that you could earn the approval of your fake best friend. Sorry I was higher than your extremely low standard and I truly hope you find someone who wants to be treated poorly. If I know anyone who wants to get dropped, I'll be sure to send them your way. Thanks for your kind words, they mean nothing to me now and they shouldn't have ever.

Congratulations on your successful attempt to mess with me, and I hope you had fun. If you need to contact me for any reason, I'll be away at school building my education and a successful future. I'm sure I'll always be able to find you in the same old town working the same old job.

Lastly, best of luck passing your drug test to get into the armed forces. The last time I checked, the military wanted strong men and women with good heads on their shoulders, so you might want to also work on your character. Thanks for showing me everything to look for in a person I don't need in my life, you served your purpose.

Have a great life!