An Open Letter To the Outgoing SGA Officers

You rock, never change.
7

On Tuesday, our new Student Government Association Officers will take their oaths and officially become the next student representatives for our amazing university. It is kind of sad that we will not get the amazing chance for another year with them, but I know that the new ones will do amazingly. Before the old ones departed, however, I thought I would write a little something. Enjoy!

Caroline,

I am so glad that you were our president. Not only did you have a passionate love of Southern Miss, but you have a way with making people feel that they are important. You have had a large impact on my life, and I know that your impact on Southern Miss will forever be felt. While I am sad to see you go, I really do hope to get another chance to work with you in the future. I mean, as pastor's kids, we need to stick together, am I right? Thank you for being one of my biggest cheerleaders as I navigated the new world of being an English major. I know that I can sometimes be a lot to deal with, but you never made it seem like I was. Love you!

Franky,

You must be given some sort of accolade for having dealt with me for the past two years. It has been awesome to watch you go from our Freshman Associates director to our Treasurer. Thank you for seeing all of our ideas. While we may not be getting our Founder's Fest, at least we can say that we had an amazing year as Philanthrophy Commission. I hope that you continue to be involved with SGA in the future!

Christen,

Bless your sweet soul for choosing me for Election Commission. I know that I can sometimes be a lot to handle and deal with, but if you were annoyed, I really could not tell. I hope that you know that all of our Election Commission and what it was would not have been made possible without you (and Shelby). Thank you for putting up with me, my tardiness to meetings, and never making me feel like I was not important. Do not forget to slay very hard in the future. With yours being so bright, however, you just might need a pair of Ray Bans.

Jesse,

As sad as it may be, I did not get to know you all that well. However, from what I heard, you were the Joe Biden of Vice Presidents. I know that it has to be a bit painful for you to have lost the recent election, but have no fear, you will slay at whatever you do. You're not leavig, just defying gravity! (Was that reference not Wickedly awesome or what?)

Autumn,

I did not really get to know you that well, but I know that you are a Cubs fan. It's a big deal to celebrate your graduation, but still, winning the World Series was pretty amazing, right? #GoCubsGo