Open Letter To My Sorority's Brand New Sisters

First off- WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

53
Amelia Thomas

To my sorority's new members,

Today is bid day. You are overwhelmed. You might be scared, but most of all you are excited. For some of you today is a day you have been waiting for for a very long time, but for others today is something you thought you would never experience. Last night was a night filled with many emotions. You might have been shocked that you got dropped from the house you just knew you were going to be a part of. You might have walked through the doors of a house you thought you were going to tell them that this wasn't your home but ended up telling them that there is nowhere else you'd rather be. I don't know, but I do know that today is going to be one of the greatest days of your life.

I want to tell you that no matter how strange things are right now, you are wanted here. We chose you to join our sisterhood because we saw you walking into our house in sweatpants and your hair tied up in a bun. We chose you to join our sisterhood because you know you are capable of making this chapter better than it already is. We chose you because we want you for who you are.

College is rough, but as your sisters, we promise to love you. We promise to fill your life with joy and lots of delicious lemonade. No matter how bad times get, we will be here with tissues, candy, and movies. We will listen to your most tragic stories and your worst jokes. We are your sisters and we will never leave you.

As time goes on and you go to being a new member to having a new member run into your arms for the first time, we will always be here to cheer you on just like we did the first day we officially welcomed you home. We are ready to watch you grow not just in this chapter, but as a woman. We know you will do great things for and with this chapter, but we wanted you because we know you will do great things in the world too.

There will be times where you might wonder if this chapter is right for you- I hope you don't, but everyone does at some point- so when you do remember that no matter how the recruitment process was for you, at the end of the day we chose you.

Today is bid day and you need to know that you are wanted. You will experience a thousand emotions and you might feel out of place, but sweet sister I can promise you that this is your place. We can not wait to see your face light up as you run into our arms, as you discover who your big is, and most of all when you become an initiated member of our perfect sisterhood.

Oh, sweet new members, we are so ready for you to be home!!!

All the love,

Your sister