An Open Letter to My Fall Semester Classes

College is hard.
0

To my Fall Semester Classes,

You put me through hell. There were many days where I wanted to take my textbooks and throw them across the window or throw them out the window. I wanted to go to a mountain somewhere and scream at the top of my lungs. Some of you made me feel so incompetent and that I didn't deserve to be in college because I wasn't smart enough. I have never been so tired in my entire life.

When it was finally Friday, I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. There were so many weeks that felt endless. Three exams, two papers, a presentation, and the endless amounts of homework just in one week. My life was put on hold. I had a constant battle with you to keep my grades above a C-. Sometimes there was a curve on an exam, but that happened maybe twice throughout the entire semester. I can't wait to put all my notes away and hopefully I will never have to look at those thousands of pages of notes, graphs, maps, poems, etc.

You made me miserable at some points. There were quite a few nights where all I could do was cry over the stress and exhaustion I was dealing with. I felt like you completely overpowered me. You never forced me to pull an all-nighter, so thank you. There were a few times that it came kind of close.

I would take very lengthy notes in class, and I would study as much as I could, but when it got to the exams, it was like I had never seen the information before. Here's how it felt taking exams:

If the sky is blue, how fast did the horse run?

I am so glad the semester is basically over. I'm going to destroy these finals! (I hope)